Go Back   Zebra Forums > Chat Forums > Non-Zebra chat
Click to log in with Facebook

Old 03-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Fetal oblivion

selling my drums, any advise about e-bay?

can you guys help? I'm selling Vinnie's drums he bought them (used for $500.00) I don't know how to sell them. I don't know how to put something on e-bay and I don't wanna get involved with shipping them Is craigs list where I post it? I don't know how. also what do i ask? He bought them from a good friend thats a drummer and Vinnie never got around to playing them. they r perfect condition. they are black slingerland with a round seat u sit on, also includes a big drum with the pedal u kick and 4 more drums to hit then 3 symbols. one looks like a double symbol ( a symbol on top and bottom) that clam closed together. one is a slingerland, one is a sabian and one is a zildjian (or how ever u spell it). Should I get involved with e-bay I actually have a LOT of stiff to sell. I wanna do a good spring cleaning and i have heautiful handbags and stuff like that , which I can probally get into selling now that I got the time. any advise???
Old 03-12-2012, 12:57 PM

Hi Lynn,

My advise is to keep the drum and that you start to learn playing it... It's good to release some energy and internal 'stuff' by beating something, and a drum sounds as an ideal tool for that...

I wish I lived a bit closer, I can use it... and $500 is a nice price...
Old 03-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeluvr View Post
can you guys help? I'm selling Vinnie's drums he bought them (used for $500.00) I don't know how to sell them. I don't know how to put something on e-bay and I don't wanna get involved with shipping them Is craigs list where I post it? I don't know how. also what do i ask? He bought them from a good friend thats a drummer and Vinnie never got around to playing them. they r perfect condition....

Definintly forget ebay for a drum kit. Craigs list is the way to go until it's not the way to go, meaning, post and sit on it. Craigs list will give you 4 picture uploads, take yourself some nice pictures.

Post your description with clear info on everything you have. I saw your concerns about your cell number in the thread you posted to Stephan, so definitly do not post your phone number on CL, or email address. You will see options for people to respond to you via email which will initially sheild your address from them until you return an email from their response. Accept only cash, offer a drummer the ability to inspect the goods before purchase. Do not fall for any paypal scams, or counterfeit check crap, premier activities to find on CL (cash only in the ad and no response to anyone talking about anything else will do the trick).

Make safe appointments for anyone that wants to see the kit = you no home without Vinnie showing drums.

Don't post the ad more then one time on CL to try to get it to float higher in the listing pages, you will end up being flagged as a spammer and ads will be removed. Post late at night or very early in the morning, OR, on a Friday night or very early Saturday morning - for the most strategic approach to weekened traffic.

Musicians often trade gear, people are likely to offer you a trade for something, if you are not interested in trading right from the start, make sure you indicate that in your ad.

Have additional photos ready to send via email to responders, other then the 4 you are allowed by CL.

Good luck
Old 03-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Fetal oblivion

awesome! you gave me so much good info!!!!!! I can't play them, lol my kids got all the musical talent in this family!!! Although I do play a MEAN tambourine!!!