PDA

View Full Version : Audio MP3 sharing

J.B.
07-10-2002, 07:37 PM
Glad to see pic sharing on the board. We can use www.myplay.com for audio sharing.

You can log in to my Zebra locker using:
email: jbanks1@optonline.net
password: zebra

This is a free sevice and you can create your own locker if you like, or feel free to upload good quality MP3's at my locker. Please don't delete anything there.

If I see others making good contributions, I'll add some more too.
I know several of you have nice collections of your own.

OU812
07-10-2002, 11:11 PM
j B great but i might need some help on how to get the song from my hard drive to be sent out.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-11-2002, 01:06 AM
HIT DOWNLOAD AND BROWSE YOUR HARD DRIVE CLICK AND TADAAAA!!!

J.B.
07-11-2002, 12:41 PM
OU812- It's easy and straightforward.

First click "copy from hard drive" in upper right hand corner of locker.
Then click the browse button to locate the file on your hard drive.
Then click copy.

I assume that you have your recordings transferred to CD-R, and know how to do digital audio extraction and convert WAV files to MP3's.

OK, lets see what ya got!

Did you try downloading anything yet?
Of course, it helps if you have a cable modem. Otherwise it could get time consuming.

OU812
07-11-2002, 12:46 PM
this sunday i will try to send a song or too.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-12-2002, 03:46 PM
HOW ABOUT SOME NEW ZEBRA!!!

OU812
07-12-2002, 05:59 PM
LET ME ASK GUY.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-12-2002, 11:27 PM
BEG!!! BEG LOUDLY!!!! :eek:

OU812
07-13-2002, 07:50 PM
HE SAID ITS UP TO RANDY

ZEBRAFREAK
07-13-2002, 10:37 PM
I'LL CALL RANDY THIS WEEK!!! OR YOU CALL HIM AND TELL HIM MY NAME AND HE SHOULD SAY YES!!! DID YOU DOWNLOAD THE WHO'S BEHIND THE DOOR FROM RIPTIDES...IT'S A GREAT VERSION WITH A GREAT STORY BEHIND IT!!! IT'S ON JB'S MYPLAY!!!

OU812
07-16-2002, 02:06 AM
NO YOU STILL NEED TO SEND IM GONNA CRAWL TO ME

ZEBRAFREAK
07-16-2002, 08:54 AM
LOOK AT JB'S FIRST POST ON THIS TOPIC AND
YOU'LL SEE THE ROAD TO I'M GONNA CRAWL!!!

OU812
07-16-2002, 12:45 PM
THANKS ZF DID YOU SEE OZZY LAST NIGHT

ZEBRAFREAK
07-16-2002, 02:23 PM
NO WHERE???

OU812
07-16-2002, 03:24 PM
M FREGAN TV

ZebraRockz
07-20-2002, 12:41 AM
J.B., I noticed you have a couple tracks from a show I recorded of Randy a couple years ago(Rain Song and Norwegian Wood). I think I only mixed around 7 or 10 songs from that show, but only made the covers available. I just found the recordings though I thought I had already sent those to Randy. There's 2-3 cd's full of music, but unfortunately due to power limitations, the digital recorder I was using occasionally dropped levels therefore causing "popping" sounds. I think you could hear it in the Rain Song. I feel terrible because these cd's were supposed to get in Randy's hands. They somehow got boxed up and forgotten about until my recent move. Off to e-mail Randy and see if he's still interested in getting this live show on cd. By the way, the live acoustic versions I have of Time, Lullaby, and Strawberry Fields give me the chills =). Maybe I can release one of the original Zebra tunes just to get a fresh recording out there. What do you guys think?

OU812
07-20-2002, 11:49 AM
Get it up , IM a member of myplay.com this week i will put up some stuff and give you my password so you can down load it.

J.B.
07-20-2002, 09:48 PM
ZebraRockz (Sauchez) - Nice to see you back. I think ZebraFreak uploaded those tunes to myplay, I don't recall doing it myself. Anyway, last I checked, Randy had no problem with open sharing of recordings publicly as long as they weren't songs on the new album. Would be nice to hear more from your recording.

Regards

Big Sun
07-22-2002, 08:26 PM
I uploaded the original demo of When You Get There to the myplay.com site under the "demo" alblum. It's weird to hear that bridge after the guitar solo.....

OU812
07-23-2002, 02:32 AM
man i thought i was the only one who had that one.Give us your info so we can download it.

Big Sun
07-23-2002, 04:46 PM
I used that other dudes account (jbanks1@optonline.net, pw= zebra) on www.myplay.com . It's with the other demos that he already had up on the site.

JJD
07-23-2002, 04:53 PM
The Douglaston Sessions had:

She's Waiting For You
When You Get There
Hard Living Without You
One More Chance
Take Your Fingers From My Hair
Tell Me What You Want
Wait Until The Summers Gone

The California Demos had:
One More Chance
Fingers
Wait Until The Summers Gone
The Bears Are Hibernating
Don't Walk Away
As I Said Before

* Get Them All Up On MyPlay :-)

OU812
07-23-2002, 06:05 PM
JJD do you have the songs from the demo you put up if so . lets trade.

JJD
07-23-2002, 10:29 PM
Yes I have the two sets of demos but I think JB has been slowly posting them on myplay.com. I have not finished converting them to mp3 to post. That's why I was asking JB and BigSun to complete the sets because I believe they have the same demos that I do and could save a lot of time. If they do not then hopefully they'll let me know and I will try to find the time to finish converting my tapes.

I just finished the Live Shows At the Palladium, Hofstra, and was about to start on my Mad Hatter Tape.

While we're on the subject of Live Shows, anyone have a copy of the Show from Colorado that was broadcast on WPLR (New Haven Connecticut) back in '83. It was a great show, had Hard Living Without You, She's Waiting For You, and Last Time. Tape Player destroyed my tape beyond repair.

Big Sun
07-24-2002, 01:15 AM
Unfortunately the only demo that I already was When You Get There. I downloaded it in 2000 from Napster before Loser Lars helped bring Napster down.

J.B.
07-24-2002, 09:04 AM
JJD- I have all those live shows you mentioned on CD-R.
Unfortunately, MYPLAY has closed my account due to "violation of house rules". Im not sure exactly why. Maybe someone else wants to create an account for sharing. Hopefully, you all had a chance to download.

JJD
07-24-2002, 09:53 AM
So now we've lost Napster, MyPlay, AudioGalaxy...What next?? I guess I will have to dig out my demos and convert them. JB I did get Bears and Don't Walk Away Demos so thanks.

JB - The only live show I don't have is the Colorado Show. If I sent you a couple of CD's would you be willing to burn a copy of that show and some of the demos for me?

JJD
07-24-2002, 10:02 AM
JB -

Another option, if you are willing, would be to Zip the MP3 files for the demos/live show and then e-mail them to me. You seem to have everything I do from a Zebra perspective so my trade value is limited. I assume you have all the demos from two sessions (Douglaston and California)...If you can't it is no big deal.

OU812
07-24-2002, 04:00 PM
Can some one get the two studio demos up on my play and give the email and pass word for downloads.

J.B.
07-24-2002, 04:29 PM
I sent a message to myplay asking why my account was closed. I got the following response:
"Due to increased illegal usage of our site, we have implemented new systems to prevent abuse of myplay. Accounts are checked for sharing of access information, heavy download traffic, storage of illegal files, and users not downloading directly from their Locker by using unsupported download programs, or by linking songs from a web site to the actual file in their Locker.

We will reopen your account, but please download directly from your Locker, and please do not share your login information with anyone. If your account is suspended a second time, it will not be reactivated.

Your myplay Locker is the place for you to store and play your personal digital music collection. Since myplay is not a digital music exchange or download site, we do not support or allow transferring music between users. Nor do we allow our users to illegally distribute copyrighted music across the internet. We do allow users to "share" music with friends and other members of our community - but through online music streaming only."

JDD- Email me privately and I'll work something out with you.

OU812
07-24-2002, 06:34 PM
What a load of crap it sounds like heavy downloads from jb S account got it shut down.

J.B.
07-24-2002, 08:10 PM
yeah...If folks want to continue swaping this way, I recommend a few people open accounts, share the login info, spread the download, and see if we can fool the system. Who do they think they are anyway...the nerve!

OU813
07-24-2002, 10:05 PM
GOOD IDEA.

brd37
07-25-2002, 10:18 PM
Hey,

brd37
07-25-2002, 10:25 PM
Hey, ( JBanks)
I really appreciate you giving access to your locker MP-3, I have been downloading and listening too them since 6:30 tonight........... I never thought I would hear Directions again, that was great. Very impressed with the quality of the Colorado Symphony versions, would sound great on a new CD, what else is new.... do you have version of Kashmir, or Stairway from these shows?

Thanks again, Bert

J.B.
07-26-2002, 01:41 PM
Yes...but unfortunately, the account has been reclosed for reasons specified above.

OU812
07-27-2002, 11:04 PM
we need to fool my play and put up songs by zebra but call them somthing else