PDA

View Full Version : Zebra's last show

rushtrader
07-02-2002, 02:39 PM
I attended Zebra's last show at The Downtown and thought I would post a few thoughts since the next show seems to be there as well.

(1) Arabian Nights rocked!!!!
(2) Felix's new twangy bass sound on the keyboards sounds really great
(3) Arabian Nights rocked!!!!
(4) Randy's guitar was too low in the mix
(5) Arabian Nights rocked!!!!

The show overall was great. Did I mention that Arabian.... oh wait - I think I did. I have been going to see Zebra since around 1980 when I was 16 and I had to sneak into Hammerheads, and they still sound great!

Apparently The Downtown just hired a new sound guy who I have worked with and who really rocks, so hopefully he and Chris will get the sound tweaked just a touch more for the April 3rd show.

RT

yleekiyote
07-02-2002, 03:15 PM
Um, if this guy can't get the sound system tweaked by April, I think management needs to be tweaked. Did you mean August, not April?

ZEBRAFREAK
07-02-2002, 09:24 PM
YLEE-THEY HAVE TO TWEAK IT DURING THE SOUNDCHECK THE DAY OF THE SHOW...I KEPT TELLING JOE LIBRETTI THAT RANDY'S GUITAR WASN'T LOUD ENOUGH,BUT IT'S THE SOUND MAN'S JOB TO HEAR IT AND FIX IT!!! HOPEFULLY AUGUST 3RD WILL BE BETTER...ALSO RANDY HAD SOME TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON STAGE...LOST SOUND OF THE GUITAR FOR A COUPLE MINUTES,ALSO NEEDED THE MONITOR LOUDER!!! THE AUG 3RD SHOW SHOULD BE ON THE INTERNET, NOT LISTENING TO A CD!!!WHAT KINDA PARTY IS THAT...THAT'S LISTENING TO THE CD ON THE INTERNET!!!

OU812
07-06-2002, 10:37 PM
thats strange usually the keyboards mainly the strings are always to low.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-07-2002, 05:18 PM
THERE'S ALWAYS SOME KINDA PROBLEM WITH THE KEYBOARDS AND RANDY'S EYES ROLL BACK IN HIS HEAD IN DISGUST!!!

OU812
07-10-2002, 12:22 AM
LETS GET MOE BACK OR DON HELM.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-10-2002, 12:23 AM
THAT'S THE SOUTHERN CREW!!!

OU812
07-10-2002, 12:28 AM
HAVE YOU EVER MET KEITH AKA MOE ON SOUND.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-10-2002, 12:29 AM
NOT THAT I CAN REMEMBER...WHAT YEAR WAS HE WORKING WITH THEM!!!

OU812
07-10-2002, 12:56 AM
don up to 1982 keith till 1997.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-10-2002, 01:02 AM
I WAS WORKING FOR RANDY/ZEBRA DOING THE ROADIE THING IN '97!!!
MAY '97 TIL SEPTEMBER WHEN MY WIFE THREATENED TO THROW ME OUT...
BIG BOB WITH THE GLASSES AND SOME GUY WITH A LONG PONY TAIL ARE STILL DOING THE SHOWS...JOE LIBERTI IS DOING THE ROADIE THING(ONE OF GUY'S OLD STUDENTS)!!!

OU812
07-10-2002, 11:30 AM
Thats the new york crew.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-11-2002, 01:54 AM
I WORKED THE SPEAKS RE-UNION SHOW,
VIDEOED THE SHOW,THEN LOADED THE TRUCK!!!
I'D RATHER WATCH THE SHOW WITHOUT A LENS IN MY EYE!!!

OU812
07-11-2002, 01:42 PM
some times you can get the audio off the board straight in to your camcorder.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-12-2002, 03:22 PM
I HAD AN OLD VIDEO RECORDER...THEY HAVE A GREAT SOUND...
MY ACOUSTIC AND SPEAKS SHOWS ARE DECENT AUDIO...
I'LL GIVE IT A "B" RATING!!!

OU812
07-12-2002, 06:12 PM
SEND IT TO ME AND I WILL PUT IT ON DVD

ZEBRAFREAK
07-12-2002, 11:18 PM
PM THE ADDRESS!!!

OU812
07-13-2002, 07:51 PM
DID YOU SEND IT.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-13-2002, 10:26 PM
I DON'T HAVE YOUR ADDRESS!!

OU812
07-14-2002, 06:31 PM
MY HOME OR E MAIL

ZEBRAFREAK
07-14-2002, 06:35 PM
HOME!!! WHAT DO YOU WANT ANYWAY...I FORGOT...
THE 70'S WERE VERY GOOD TO ME ALSO!!!

OU812
07-16-2002, 01:57 AM
DO YOU HAVE OTHER BANDS ON CD LIKE TNT OR RUSH BOOTLEGS

chinarain62
07-16-2002, 09:10 AM
Hey ZebraFreak----Were you at the Village Pub show and I missed you????????

ZEBRAFREAK
07-16-2002, 09:24 AM
NO CHINA I HAD TO WORK!!! I'LL SEE YOU AT THE DOWNTOWN AUG 3RD!!!

OU812
07-16-2002, 12:43 PM
ZF ASK RANDY IT YOU CAN RECORED FROM THE MIXER.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-16-2002, 02:26 PM
I'LL ASK I HAVE THE SAME THING HE HAS BEEN USING...MINI DISC!!!

OU812
07-16-2002, 02:57 PM
I WORK AT A HI FI STORE I USE TO USE AMINI DISC TO RECORD

yleekiyote
07-16-2002, 04:48 PM
I got one of the original Mini Disc players from Sony. Cost me $800.00 for it. Now I see them for like $200.00.....ugh. It still works. I use it for transporting music from a video or something, so I can add an eq mix and record it back into my pc. I tried to record a concert with it, but the mic was to weak. Just tell him to throw one of those Mini Disc's my way next time.

OU812
07-16-2002, 04:57 PM
YLEE I DON'T SELL THE MINI DISC RECORDERS ANY MORE NOW THAT THE CD RECORDERS ARE OUT . IF YOU NEED EQUIPMENT I CAN HOOK YOU UP SALES@NOAV.COM

yleekiyote
07-16-2002, 05:25 PM
I might have to take you up on that, oneday. I really have just about everything I need. I've got the Bose Lifestyle 25, 2 dvd players (Xbox & PS2). I might be in the market for a Tivo recorder for my Directv system. You sell car audio by chance? May be interested in an MP3 player for my Saturn.

OU812
07-16-2002, 05:33 PM
NO CAR BUT I SELL AV EQUIPMENT AND WILL BEAT THE HOLY SHIT OUT OF BEST BUY AND C. CITY WHEN IT COMES TO PRICING.

yleekiyote
07-16-2002, 08:07 PM
Well, if I know anyone looking for some A/V equip, I'll tell them to look you up. Do you sell Tivo Recorders? If so, what's the price range for Directv? I've been pricing them for Xmas this year, from my wife. Since she is always asking for me to record a program.

OU812
07-16-2002, 10:53 PM
I can get you a price on the new TiVO tomorrow do you know a model number

rushtrader
07-17-2002, 02:40 PM
OK - here is a perfect example of a topic gone slightly (or more) off-topic.

The model number you are looking for is Hughes GXCEBOT or Sony T60 :) They are the same machine with different faceplates.

What can you do on those - they are the ones that can be hacked to death.

RT

yleekiyote
07-17-2002, 04:53 PM
Actually Rushtrader, this topic began with discussions of recordings or bootlegs of different shows, that led into recording media like Mini Disc, which was stated as what Randy uses for recording. OU812 works for a company that use to sell those. He was also there at Live Bait recording the show, right behind me, onto what he was discussing. I recorded the show on my camcorder at the same time he was and was sharing helpful tips, that if I wanted to buy something and get a better quaility show on tape, that he sells these recorders. We were not talking about belching or hair we found in odd places, the topic varied slightly, but was not completely off the wall. I made the comment of suggestion to seperate topic and non-topic for the purpose of determining who is responding to me. I would hate if someone asked me a question, and I didn't see it, because I have to filter through all of the topics. Everyone just needs to relax a little. I'm sure this could be solved by simply taking the message board away, and starting all over.

OU812
07-17-2002, 06:25 PM
Well as soon as we here from ZF will get his take on this.

rushtrader
07-17-2002, 06:55 PM
I meant the TiVo part as being off-topic. The topic of this thread is "Zebra's Last Show", which has nothing to do with TiVo. Perhaps a better choice of topic would have been "Recording on MiniDisc - is Zebra OK with this?"

I am just trying to make it so that the content of the thread matches the topic, that way someone who does not read the forums 10 times per day can know what is going on if they click to the last page.

I don;t think there is any reason to restart the message boards - I just did that when Peter and Randy accidentally crashed the old one. It takes a lot of work to set one of these up!

RT

OU812
07-17-2002, 10:42 PM
THANKS RUSH will do a better job to stay on the main topic.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-18-2002, 01:58 AM
BOYS...BOYS...BOYS...FIRST OF ALL I ALWAYS TRY TO BRING EVERYTHING BACK TO ZEBRA...I'M A ZEBRAFREAK!!! I'M GLAD THERE'S 2 FORUMS NOW!!! RANDY HAS BEEN RECORDING ALL HIS ACOUSTIC SHOWS ON MINI-DISC FOR THE NEVER UPCOMING ACOUSTIC CD...OU812 I WOULD GET THE SONY T-60...I HAVE THE T-30 ANS 2 WEEKS AFTER I BOUGHT IT THE T-60 CAME OUT...WAS I MAD...BUT 30 HRS WORTH OF TIVO HAS PROVED TO BE TOO MUCH...I CAN'T WATCH IT FAST ENOUGH!!! ESPECIALLY CAUSE I SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD...IF YOU WANT TO CHAT ABOUT SOMETHING DIFFERENT YOU CAN E-MAIL ME...
I DON'T WANT TO PISS OFF THE MODERATOR...RANDY TOLD ME TO WATCH OUT BECAUSE THERE WAS PROBLEMS LAST TIME...WE WERE HAVING FUN...NOW IT'S TAKING A TURN...THE MODERATOR ISN'T SUPPOSED TO TELL US WHAT TO CHAT ABOUT AS LONG AS IT COMES BACK TO ZEBRA...NOBODY EVEN HAS TO READ ANY OF OUR POSTS!!! WE ARE TRYING TO STAY ON THE TOPIC...IT'S JUST ****ED READING "WHEN IS THE NEW ALBUM COMING OUT"...AND ALL THE BELLY ACHING...SOME IS GOOD BUT THERE ARE TOO MANY POST ABOUT THE SAME THING ON DIFFERENT THREADS...IT'S ALSO HARD TO STAY ON A TOPIC...IF SOMEONE ASKS A QUESTION ABOUT SOMETHING OTHER THAN ZEBRA LIKE TIVO SHOULD I START A TIVO THREAD OR JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION AND MOVE ON...WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY IS WE'LL TRY TO KEEP IT TO RELATED AND THE UNRELATED FORUMS BUT LET US HELP EACHOTHER IF SOMEONE NEEDS AN ANSWER OR WHATEVER IT IS THAT TAKES US AWAY FROM THE TOPIC...EVERY HASN'T PUT THERE E-MAIL ADDRESS IN THERE PROFILE BUT I THINK WE SHOULD TRY TO E-MAIL EACHOTHER WHEN POSSIBLE FOR SOMETHINGS...I'M GLAD FOR THE TIME I SPENT ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD BUT I HAVEN'T BEEN ON MUCH SINCE THE CHANGE CAUSE I FEEL PARTLY RESPONSIBLE...I WILL PROBABLY STAY AWAY FOR A WHILE...RANDY WARNED ME ABOUT HOW PEOPLE GET A LITTLE TOO SERIOUS AND AS YOU CAN TELL FROM MY PREVIOUS POSTS I COME HERE TO GET AWAY FROM SERIOUS...HOPEFULLY YOU GUYS WILL E-MAIL ME TO KEEP IN TOUCH!!! OU812 I'M REALLY GLAD WE'VE HAD FUN HERE WHILE WE COULD...MAYBE I'LL CHECK OUT THE BOARD IN A COUPLE OF DAYS AND SEE IF THERE'S A FLOW OF WHAT I CAME HERE FOR......ZEBRA AND FUN!!!

yleekiyote
07-18-2002, 09:32 AM
Rushtrader, I have no beef with you. I understand people come to this board to get or pass on information, that's why it's here. And if a topic goes off in the great blue yonder, let it go. You can take the topic of Zebra's Last Show, well mine happened to be at Live Bait, where I met OU812, and we were both filming the show. We are two high tech geeks, who were using the message board to talk about high tech equipment. We were not to far off the topic because it was my experience at the last Zebra show I went to, that I met him. Yes, I could have emailed him and asked about this Tivo stuff offline. I'm sorry if I offended anyone who happen to read it, geesh. My comment was that when I click the button to view my posts, since the last time I was here, I don't want to see all of the new posts, just the ones that I had posted to, that maybe somebody had an answer or question for. Like Zebrafreak said, you can only have so many zany posts about "When Is The New Album Coming Out" or "What Is It Going To Be Called". People are getting very bored waiting. At least they are showing up here day after day, night after night, for a very long time, because they love this band. I love this band. We've already done polls about future plans, like a internet release party, possible DVD's. We are always looking forward to the future. If people are complaining about off topic stuff, it's a part of life. Someone's experience is someone else's life too. I happened to mention I was to compete in a tour for MS this coming October, and was asking anyone with a heart, and a few dollars to spare, to contribute. Many had some past experiences they shared. Zebrafreak mentioned a family member stricken with a disease. I'm not holding a gun to someones head, just thought that if these fans, many of them I have never met in my life, are anything like me, maybe they could help me and some needy kids out. Zebra I'm sure would more than accept this topic, because of the nature of the topic. I'm not selling drugs to anyone. I'm not scamming anyone out of their life savings. All I'm saying is that there really is no on and off topic, relating to Zebra, were all like family here.

OU812
07-19-2002, 09:59 PM
good points made now ZEBRAFREAK get yo ass back on BEOTCH