PDA

View Full Version : Video Of Randy @ Monaco Bob's '97 with Butler Ives?

Big Sun
11-01-2002, 05:56 PM
I just remembered that I saw this cool video of Randy Jackson playing mostly Zebra tunes with some unknown guys at Monaco Bob's in 1997.

I saw the video at the house of a friend named Jonas (who has since moved away to Austin in '99 and I haven't heard from him since) and it was pretty cool as Randy played many Zebra tunes that he normally never plays while jamming with these guys.

Does anyone have a copy of this video? I could kill myself for NOT getting a copy from Jonas the day that I first saw it.

This may jog somebody's memory: See Randy did the show on a Sunday afternoon as a favor to this guy named Butler. Apparently Butler is one of the biggest Zebra fans on Earth. I don't know him but my friend used to work with him and said he was a Zebra Freak. Butler's family owns Ives (an old I guess large business/office supplier here in New Orleans) and Bulter plays drums.

The video is wild as Butler is in heaven playing drums with Randy on stage and Jonas is playing bass. If anyone has a copy of this let me know.

I'm sure someone that is reading this knows who Butler is and can maybe contact him to get a copy of the video.

What's really funny is that I thought the video was so cool when I saw it 5 years and I told Zebragirl about it and she just said "oh that's cool" and that was it. I shoulda made a copy!

Big Sun
11-28-2002, 04:09 AM
I am surprised that anybody didn't know about this show. I'll have to get the tape from Jonas (the bass player for the gig) and write it out to a SVCD.

It was definitely different seeing Randy play a show doing rare live Zebra tunes without Zebra.

Somebody here must know this guy Butler as he was supposed to be one of the biggest Zebra fans of all time (he even talked Randy into playing a full 3 hour show with him)......

Big Sun
11-30-2002, 04:53 PM
Ok maybe Butler was a crack addict or something & OD'd & nobody here has heard of him but I know I saw the video and I'm gonna track down my friend in Austin and get a copy of the video so everyone can check it out. :)