PDA

View Full Version : Arabian Nights On The Radio

sarcastic1
10-15-2002, 08:16 PM
about 8:30 this morning i was listening to wrcn 103.9 long island's east end and the dj's were playing Arabian Nights. they were having people call in and guess who it was. someone got it. wrcn has a copy ! so if you live on long island call them everyday and request Arabian Nights and any other ZEBRA song. also you can probably request songs on line, most radio stations do that now. lets get everyone on the edge of their seat waiting for the new ZEBRA cd ! i know i can't wait !!!

yleekiyote
10-15-2002, 08:59 PM
Hey Sarcastic, I sent a couple copies to XMRadio a few weeks ago. Soon, those who have Satelitte Radio will hear it, then the feeding frenzy will really pick up. I monitoring the latest updates, and I'm hoping the guy I sent it, will email when they will start playing it. He said there is like a month backlog of CD's. So by mid November, this site should really pick up. Check out XMRadio.com if you don't know what it is. If your interested in buying a Sony compact system, call your ole buddy OU812 up.

OU812
10-16-2002, 12:56 AM
we need all the help we can get.

Sue
10-16-2002, 02:03 AM
I'll call WRCN tomorrow and request it-that's awesome!!!
I'm gonna burn a copy of it and drop it off for Fingers @ WBAB.

LessPaull
10-17-2002, 03:10 AM
I called my wife & requested she play Arabian Nights when I got Home !! & Oh Boy She Did !! I think she's gonna be an Arabian Queen for me for Halloween !!

zebrachikodoom
10-17-2002, 08:05 AM
the only moment i don't listen to wrcn they my request jerks but i'm going call them today

JJD
10-17-2002, 08:33 PM
I sent a copy to Bob Buchmann but he indicated that he did not want to play it until the CD came out. Too bad because NYC exposure would be great. They have to get this thing released before Zeppelin Tours next year...And if Zepp puts out a new CD (hey we can hope) then Zebra's could be lost before it's found.

Sue
10-18-2002, 03:25 AM
I got the same reply! I emailed Fingers @ WBAB and asked him if I dropped off a copy of Arabian Nights, would he play it? He said he wants to wait until Zebra signs a deal befoe he plays Arabian on his afternoon show (2-7pm). He said he has been playing Arabian on Finger's Metal Shop-so I guess that's where we have to request it. Man, March (if it happens by then) seems so far away.

JJD
10-18-2002, 08:39 AM
Hey Sue -

I am surprised at the response we got from Bob and 'BAB. You'd think they'd remember the old days when they played the Zebra demos in regular rotation.

Sue
10-18-2002, 01:58 PM
JJD-

I know, it totally bummed me out :( It was because of WBAB that I became a Zebra fan. The days of my youth... I would walk over to WBAB after school and get the newest black & yellow bumpersticker. I sure do wish I had another Zebra sticker-they were so cool. It's gonna be so awesome to hear new Zebra on the radio again. It's been a long time, been a long...

Patience my friends :cool:

zebrachikodoom
10-18-2002, 02:43 PM
i got wrcn to play tell me what you want yesterday for lunch request

ZEBRAFREAK
10-19-2002, 10:54 PM
LET'S KEEP REQUESTING ARABIAN NIGHTS!!! Q104 AND EDDIETRUNK FRI AND SAT NIGHT ROCKS 102.7 WNEW

rushtrader
10-20-2002, 12:34 AM
This is not the old days of WBAB. BAB is a relatively independent station and is pretty much listener-programmed. WXRQ is owned by Clear Channel entertainment (same dudes who own SFX and TicketMaster) and it had almost no independence at all. They have to play what is programmed and that is about it. I have had some nice long talks with several of the DJs there and they all tell the same story.

I know that Buchmann still likes Randy, as I have spoke with him about Randy earlier this year. He loves to talk about "the old days" wih those of us who remember them. nyone else go back far enough to remember pool parties at Buchmann's parents' house in Dix Hills?

I seem to have digressed...
I actually do agree with the decisions of Buchmann, etc. If the promo starts now, it could easily have been foprgotten by March. You have to do the promotion a few weeks before the album hits.

RT