PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Zebra Lyrics and Guitar Tab

Dylan Roberts
09-09-2002, 05:41 PM
Wow...It's cool to see that this group is STILL around and playing..I don't understand WHY the industry ever passed up on such an incredible set of musicians.
That being said, I'd like to take a second and ask if anyone knows where I can find some guitar tablature and lyrics by the band..I've searched online and only come up with the intro fo "Who's Behind The Door"..I'd like to learn to play some of their material..
Thanks,
Dylan Roberts

zebrachikodoom
09-09-2002, 06:07 PM
did you try olga? on line guitar archives?

Dylan Roberts
09-12-2002, 11:43 AM
Yes, I searched Olga..And, as I said before. I can't seem to find anything more than the intro to "Who's Behind The Door"..Which IS, of course, a lovely bit of work...However, I DID manage to find the "Lyrics" section on this site..I always wondered what that backmasked/subliminal voice bit in the afforementioned song was..

It saddens me that I never got the chance to see Zebra live..I was completely unaware of what music was in their heyday anyways..Growing up in a small town in upstate NY during the latter part of the 1970's and early 80's ****ed. Of course, a LOT of things ****ed even more afterwords, but that's besides the point..At least I was blissfully unaware of the fact that there had been this terrible thing called "Disco"..Anywhoozle, to make a long story longer, I vaguely recall hearing a couple of their tunes("Tell Me What You Want" and "The La La Song" ) on the radio as a kid , and at some point I managed to stumble on a copy of their first release, which I enjoyed immensely...then later in KOLLEDGE, I ran into a guy who had their second album "No Tellin Lies"..(Which I didn't really like as much as the first one, but DID enjoy the songs "Lullabye" and "Bears".."Lullabye" has such a very John Lennon-ish feel, and "Bears" was just a plain cool tune...All the rest of it seemed too Led Zeppelinish for my tastes..However, I struggled though the rest of it, and heard very little about the band at all for many years until I was pulling into my driveway one day blasting some bit of a tape for no apparent reason, and my neighbour said, "Hey, is that ZEBRA ???" I just looked sort of sheepish and said, "Yeah..." He told me that he used to go and catch them play all the time until "They turned into a led zeppelin cover band"..So, for all the remining years after until I've stumbled onto this site, THAT'S what I thought had occured with them...although I SWEAR at some point I saw Randy Jackson doing an ad in a guitar mag for either an amp or some sort of strings...and, fortunately now, there is this thing called the "internet", so that kids in small towns even in BF, Egypt can find music by bands that were previously unreachable..even if it MIGHT be such a disgusting thing as DISCO..(Which STILL ought to be banned eternally.)
Anyways, if anyone out there has any clue as to what the chords are for any songs, or where I can find some tab, give me a holler please !
Dylan

Forum Rules:You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
You may not add rules
You may not make fun of the preexisting rules
In Short, you may not. EVER.
Bow to me human, for I am god and you are diddly-squat, and
All Your Base Are Belong To Us.

zebrachikodoom
09-12-2002, 03:46 PM
getting mystical huh?!?

Dylan Roberts
09-12-2002, 04:18 PM
GETTING mystical ???
Take a listen to my mp3 "Gypsy", and then you'll see that I've always been that way..

Dylan

RobertDLG
09-13-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Dylan Roberts
...I'd like to take a second and ask if anyone knows where I can find some guitar tablature and lyrics by the band..I've searched online and only come up with the intro fo "Who's Behind The Door"..I'd like to learn to play some of their material..
The Zebra website once contained two tabs for "Who's Behind the Door?" One of them was also available in the OLGA and used standard tuning, and the other one was done by a guy named Tommy Race and was done in Open G tuning (DGDGBD, low-to-high).

It's also been claimed that the tuning was actually GGDGBD, but both should work. (Perhaps one was used during recording, and the other is often used live.)

Anyway, the Yahoo! Group "ZebraBand" contained several tabs the last time I checked:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ZebraBand/

Dylan Roberts
09-13-2002, 05:17 PM
Duly noted, and many thanks !!

Dylan
http://groups.msn.com/dylanrobertspageofstuff (http://www.mp3.com/dylanroberts)