PDA

View Full Version : going to Randy's Long Beach show 8/31

banterman
08-30-2002, 08:39 AM
hey, if anyone from this forum is at the above-ref'd show look for a 6'1" skinny guy w/shoulder length blonde wavy hair (the same one who graces many pages of the banter.ws site) and say hi!

Sue
08-30-2002, 12:27 PM
Banterman...bring your WHO ticket down to Turquois On The Water. WBAB is letting people in for free who come down after the show, think you get drink specials all night too. Heard the commercial on Fingers show yesterday...

banterman
08-30-2002, 04:53 PM
Thanks, Sue. You rock!

Sue
08-30-2002, 06:40 PM
No problemo Banterman...enjoy both shows !!

drlego
08-30-2002, 08:19 PM
Heres the deal.....

Randy will do 1 or 2 Solo Sets starting at 2pm.

From 6Pm til 10PM is full band.

Mondays gig will be recorded and FILMED for a documentry I am working on with Randy.

Thats all I'm saying for now.

Hope to see you all there!

OU812
09-01-2002, 10:40 PM
LETS SEE SOME VIDEO.

banterman
09-03-2002, 11:30 PM
well it was great to finally see Randy solo, esp. after a great show at Jones Beach by the Who and Randy's idol Robert Plant! The best moment was finally hearing "Lullaby" performed live. I got there as Randy was playing "When You Get There" and he pretty much played the whole 1st Zebra album after that, then went into the Zep/Beatles/Floyd covers. I left around 3 after Randy's friends Pete and Kim joined him onstage for the Zep set featuring an acoustic version of "Immigrant Song!" The only Zebra or Randy tunes I heard were "Lullaby" and stuff from the 1st album. Were there others that I missed? Any other cool covers I missed?

It was great to see all the Zebraheads hanging out around the pool table and thanks to Sue for your advice on bringing my Who ticket. Indeed, I got beers for merely $2.50!