PDA

View Full Version : zebra at blues and brews

JUKEBOX HERO
08-25-2002, 02:06 PM
does anyone know what time zebra is scheduled to go on at blues and brews next sunday at brookhaven?

rushtrader
08-25-2002, 05:45 PM
I was told the time, but I was told at the same time that is does not mean squat, that it is plus or minus 3 hours - just be there and enjoy it!

RT

RockinRob1970
08-25-2002, 11:47 PM
I would assume from the listing that it would be the last spot of the day. You could probably do ok by getting there a little late (if lateness is your concern)

banterman
08-26-2002, 09:47 PM
I doubt Zebra is last b/c i believe Buddy Guy is the headlining act that the tour is booked around.

I would like to know who's playing other than Zebra and Buddy Guy. it's kinda funny that they're playing at a Blues fest.

RockinRob1970
08-27-2002, 01:18 AM
I just took it from the show list here on the site. Find out and let us know.

Sue
08-27-2002, 03:11 PM
The other bands listed to play at Blues & Brews was some chick I never heard of and this local band called Phil Varca and The Slamjammers, who I've never seen, but they are pretty well known here on The Island.
For those who don't know...this show has been going on for 4 or 5 years at Brookhaven Ampitheater(I think the first year it may have been on a party boat?). Although it is called "Blues & Brews", the bands that play aren't necessarily "blue!" Last year Blue Oyster Cult played at the show, and aside from their name having the word "blue" in it, I wouldn't call them a blues band!
Come to think of it...last year I don't think the Ampitheater sold "brews", either...hmmm
Regardless, it has always been a good time.

JJD
08-27-2002, 05:52 PM
Randy told me last week the show was not confirmed and if you go to the site now it indicates that it was cancelled..

banterman
08-29-2002, 05:37 PM
is it def. cancelled? when i went to the website it still prompted me with a pop up window to download "arabian nights" and to buy tkts. to the show, and on the Zebra schedule it didn't mention the cancellation.

where is the cancellation mentioned?

Sue
08-29-2002, 08:30 PM
Yep, it's cancelled! Randy sent out an email yesterday saying it was. Besides, it is supposed to rain all weekend here in NY and it's an outdoor show.

banterman
08-29-2002, 09:17 PM
damn! I am seeing the Who at Jones Beach Sat. nite!

Sue
08-30-2002, 01:19 AM
Banterman...you'll be fine! I saw The Who during the summer of 1999 @ Jones Beach. What was so cool-during Roger Plant singing "Reign O'er Me" it started to rain. Gave me chills like you wouldn't believe. It was an awesome show-and Zack Starkey did a phenomenal job on drums. Enjoy the show.

JJD
08-30-2002, 08:10 AM
Sue -

The website does indicate that it is cancelled. Perhaps your browser cached some of the Zebra Website Pages?? Try refreshing the page using the command under the View Menu Option, Hit F5 or use the icon on your browser. That should do the trick.

banterman
08-30-2002, 08:35 AM
well, it seems Randy has a solo gig after the Who at some club in Long Beach. If any of y'all go and you see a 6'1" 30 year old guy w/long blonde wavy hair be sure to say hello!

A few weeks ago I got to catch Zebra after the Jones Beach Yes concert!

-DS

Sue
08-30-2002, 12:32 PM
Thanks JJD-I saw it on the message board too !