PDA

View Full Version : Stutting John

the hoser
08-20-2002, 12:11 PM
STUTTING JOHN
is it true that stutting john and randy are friends?
because thats the way that randy can really get the music out

OU812
08-20-2002, 03:35 PM
ITS FELIX AND JOHN

EVHFV
08-25-2002, 08:33 PM
I don't know if John is a personal friend to anyone in the band, but he did hire them for a summer party he had recently, and have given them a LOT of mentions on the Stern show. But, how many people out there actually relate the band name to a band that had records and videos out 15-20 years ago??? Come on, we have to face it. These guys had their shot at the big time, and it didn't pan out for whatever crazy reason. The music business, and scene, has changed drastically since then. They would never get a fair shot now, and I seriously doubt they even care, or would even want another shot anyway. They do what they do, their way, on their own terms. They have their dedicated fanbase that will never go away. It is what it is, so let's enjoy it for that. It's ours, and they do it for us, and themselves, and nothing more. That should mean something. It does to me!!! If the rest of the world won't open their eyes to it....too bad!!! Then give me more, and it's all mine!!!

Phil

LessPaull
08-25-2002, 10:01 PM
Talent goes a long way...we still got the Stones, Kiss, Zep (who do not record as a band),The Who, Grateful Dead(who don't record as a band), Rush and the list goes on !!! ZEBRA is as Fresh sounding as the first ZEBRA LP !! Promotion...Promotion ..Promotion !!! Michael Jackson tried with all Promotion But...Bottom Line Is The Music...& Thats' what ZEBRA is all about !!!You Got Three Guys on a stage with instruments...Holy Shit !!! You Got Ass Kickin' Rock n Roll !!! Nuff Said !

RockinRob1970
08-26-2002, 12:40 AM
When you love your job, the money doesn't matter as much as the enjoyment you get from composing and playing music. Many artists starve. As long as you come out ahead, you're ok.

Only a certain class of people have the taste Zebra's good music. I was fortunate to have heard most of the kick ass beginnings of zebra back in '80 (living in La) and turn friends on to the music whenever I can. I do it cause I like it. They have a unique sound. I even strum Zebra songs on my acoustic and people want to know "What is that?"

Who cares if they're not multi-national super stars? Zebra represents it's own time period, a culture, a region(s). I'm from Louisiana - Where Zebra was born. That's why when I meet out of town people, I ask if they have heard Zebra before.

-Like, every tom,**** and harry knows who the pop stars are because they play them on the radio 500 times a day, and then they're forgotten 6 months later. When you hear Zebra, you keep listening to it.

elaborations anyone?

OU812
08-26-2002, 12:53 PM
All of you made great points . Yes ZEBRA knows that future success is limeted how ever people still continue to come out to see the band .BOTTOM LINE IS when you can play a club in new york or here in new orleans and walk away making a thousand each ITS A SUCCESS.