PDA

View Full Version : Internet Radio Is Up!!!!!

yleekiyote
08-15-2002, 11:55 AM
Guys, I just set up a radio station at Live365.com. I will add a link later. I only have 3 songs on there now. It is not great sounding, but it is out there atleast. Go check it out, let me know how it works for you. Just goto Live365.com, and type in Zebra under search. The name is "The Music Of Zebra". Ta Ta

ryank
08-15-2002, 02:13 PM
good goin man! can't hear it from my web tv, but i'll get to a computer this week end. Looks good. U said you'd do it, and u did it pronto; you deserve a check, atleast.

OU812
08-15-2002, 02:42 PM
it was easy to find and works great ZEBRA should send an e mail to every one who in the past and now who became a member of the site so thay can here the THE NEW SONG.

yleekiyote
08-15-2002, 03:17 PM
Actually, I found something out. I can actually broadcast live from my pc, and the sound is much cleaner. The version I got is Live. The default is basic, which re-records the mp3 into a smaller bitrate, taking away from the awesome sound quality. I can't continue running it from work (they have a sniffer), so I'll load this stuff on my pc at home. I have DSL so it should work fine. If the site becomes overloaded with users, I might have to go back to the basic and allow more users, but less quality. Plus my whole catalog is on my pc at home, so it just makes more sense. It should be up tonight or tomorrow, try then guys.

yleekiyote
08-15-2002, 03:50 PM
Ok, I figured it out a little further. I erased everything and selected another bitrate. Check it out now and see if it sounds better on your end. Trial and error!!!!

Zebra4Life
08-15-2002, 11:17 PM
Sounds good on my end. Why don't you put some kind of notation next to Arabian like "from the upcoming CD...."

Sue
08-16-2002, 12:57 AM
It's not working for me. I put "Zebra" in under search and it comes up "no items found." :(

yleekiyote
08-16-2002, 09:48 AM
It should be working now. They had a scheduled outage last night, so that might have been why Sue. Give it another shot. I rotated Arabian Nights in more often, so people wouldn't have to listen to an hour's worth before finally hearing it. I got all of the studio albums done, what's left is the live albums, and rare demo stuff. I'll probably put the boots, but I'm getting to close to maxing out my purchased space. Give it another shot if you guys don't mind, and let me know!

yleekiyote
08-16-2002, 11:04 AM
http://www.live365.com/stations/themusicofzebra

OU812
08-16-2002, 12:18 PM
yleek your the shit dude im at work now jamming to zebra on my computer speakers and posting on the zebra forum at the same time .

yleekiyote
08-16-2002, 05:34 PM
Thanks OU812. Just trying to promote it. Get the word out. The more fans that listen, the higher the useage. Once it gets a lot of users, the company checks it out and rates it, which even more people will take a listen. I guess it falls under, "If you build it, they will come".

yleekiyote
08-16-2002, 11:10 PM
For those who have noticed that the 2 live albums, the volume is very low. I recorded those on a different pc today, my apology. I will correct those in a few days.

banterman
08-17-2002, 11:26 AM
wow, Ryan! you bought a computer just to hear the zebra station? what an ultimate fan!

banterman
08-17-2002, 11:41 AM
by the way, i have some internet stations of my own at mp3.com that might interest y'all. since Zebra does not have stuff uploaded on mp3.com I can't include them, but anyway the stations I set up are:

YOU CAN ACCESS THEM ALL FROM THE "LINKS" PAGE AT HTTP://BANTER.WS

Led Zeppelins of today - rock's newest avatars at (http://stations.mp3s.com/stations/231/led_zeppelins_of_today.html)

Cool Rock Bands - from my CoolRockBands.com website (http://stations.mp3s.com/stations/200/rock__coolrockbands.html)

Plymouth Rock - feat. the best new bands from New England (http://stations.mp3s.com/stations/202/rock__plymouth_rock__rock_from.html)

Mystical Inspirational Nubile Depth - mind expanding music (http://stations.mp3s.com/stations/200/mystical_inspirational_nubile_.html)

All You Need Is Grunge (http://stations.mp3s.com/stations/223/grunge_all_you_need_is_grunge.html)

ryank
08-17-2002, 01:24 PM
I didn't buy a dang computer. I went to somebody's house to check it out:) I will get one someday.

OU812
08-17-2002, 07:17 PM
wait some one has a computer by the name DANG.

yleekiyote
08-20-2002, 03:31 PM
Hey guys, I'm thinking about changing around the format a little. I want to start something that they use to do at a local station here in New Orleans, called "Album Hour". Every night at midnight I will play an album from various cd's in my catalog. I will also play various cds from you guys out there. If you have a cd you want me to put out onto the internet, drop me an email. I will eventually create a personal web page and show a list of upcoming album hours. Just trying to add a little freshness to this station. I've got a lot of 80's and 90's music. Some great, some not so great. Anyway, I'll keep you posted once I get a schedule up. Later!!!

LessPaull
08-21-2002, 06:48 PM
I just signed up 365live !!

yleekiyote
08-27-2002, 05:21 PM
I've made the change to the internet radio station. I'm now playing various music from the 70's 80's and the 90's. I'll be updating it with more tracks, as soon as I'm finished burning more MP3's, <Phew>. Give it a listen. www.live365.com. I changed the name to Rock 91.1. If you do a keyword search for Zebra, you'll see it. Later!!!!

ryank
08-27-2002, 06:12 PM
I find that the addy is easy to remember > live365.com/stations/themusicofzebra

OU812
08-28-2002, 10:41 PM
i was blown away today when LILLIAN AXE CAME ON THANKS.

ryank
09-05-2002, 12:02 AM
How do you rate the station? I was looking for a button or click thru. I see the part where it says "rated by 5 people". I can't hear because of my webtv, but i'd like to rate it, if i can, and i like to look at it:)

yleekiyote
09-05-2002, 11:00 AM
Ryank, once you click on play, it loads a player of choice, either Winamp, Musicmatch, or it's own. The screen will count down from 120 seconds (that's 2 minutes for those people up in New York, LOL) , then it allows you to click the arrow and vote. The more votes, the higher up the charts I go, and the more people will visit. Those of you with broadband connections, click on and leave your pc for a couple of hours. I placed a link at melodicrock.com, and it had some hits. I see the Sweden chick has hit it a couple of times. The more hits, the higher up the charts. The more you listen, the more you help promote folks. Advertising is not free. This is the only way I can help show my support to these guys. If I can get get 100 new listeners before the new Cd were to come out, then I succeeded. I'm shooting for thousands. Right now, I've got at least 24 folks who have at least bookmarked the station as a preset. That makes me smile. Keep listening. I'll be asking for some tunes shortly. It appears I lost all my boots. Later

zebrachikodoom
09-05-2002, 01:42 PM
this is great

OU812
09-09-2002, 12:35 AM
IM ON EVERY DAY AT WORK.