PDA

View Full Version : How to promote Zebra air-play...

chinarain62
08-05-2002, 02:51 PM
For those of you who were listening to Stuttering John today on KROCK, he made a very short mention plug for ZEBRA saying how they played at the Downtown and what a great band they were.

If more of us would continue to bug John at KROCK about ZEBRA, perhaps the station would break down in their playing format and let him play a track.

Also, there is a new radio station out of Long Island - 94.3 that plays all stuff from the 80's and 90's - its mostly top 40 stuff from what I've heard so far, but they've played Poison, G&R etc.. They are defintiely in the beginning stages and perhaps that can work to the ZEBRA fan base advantage. I've called and requested ZEBRA and they have said they don't have it. So....my thought is the more people that call in and ask them to play ZEBRA ----- perhaps they will. Ya never know. They also have a website, but I don't know what that is.

Just some thoughts 'cause to be pretty honest I am REALLY sick of listening to all this garbage that gets signed and airplay. And NOT all of it is bad, but in my opinion at least 80% is stuff I DO NOT want to hear or even remotely put in my CD collection. As a band manager/promoter, its a vicious and frustrating circle and as we all know ZEBRA never got the kudos they so rightly deserve. Hey, they say the 2nd time around is better - lets see what we can do!

LessPaull
08-06-2002, 05:25 AM
Heard about the new station...Is it good ???? all you gotta do Is Call "Fingers" on WBAB he'll do the right thing !!! He always loves to Rock on "FINGERS METAL SHOP".Saturday Nights !!!

chinarain62
08-06-2002, 09:43 AM
Les...

Its not a bad radio station - its just that it plays way too much top 40 stuff from the 80's & 90's. Were there even top 40 stuff fromt he 90's????

The website is island94.3 or soemthing like that. I'm telling you we need to rally to get some good #@*% on the radio - LIKE Zebra.

And, I know about Fingers on WBAB - I've listened to him for a SUPER long time and there is Eddie Truck now as well on 102.7 Fridays and Saturdays - but we must spread the wealth!

OU812
08-06-2002, 04:23 PM
ASK them to play the orignal studio 1979 take your fingers.

chinarain62
08-07-2002, 09:09 AM
I would, but when I called last week on the lunch request hour and asked to play Zebra - they indicated they didn't have any.

THAT's why I want everyone to rally, call and the more people ask for Zebra - maybe they'll break down and play. We can also haunt their website as well.

OU812
08-14-2002, 01:00 PM
I think once the cd comes out some stations will play 1 or 2 songs to see what reaction they get to determine if a song or 2 gets added to the play list.