PDA

View Full Version : disappointing new releases


ryank
07-05-2002, 08:48 AM
My brother is a dio fan, and we just listened to new dio. no way, all songs sound bland and generic. I think they are trying to write a certain type of dark metal song, and they all sound the same. Def leppard sort of does this too with new material, i don't see much change in music. I just can't listen to Ac DC either; in the early days i could tolerate them, but i saw a recent performance and it was disgusting. The singer was trying to do those gutsy screams and he couldn't do it, and the guys looked flat out bad. I'm sorry for being negative, but some bands should hang it up. The latest kiss "pysho circus" was okay, i wasn't overwhelmed. I guess i'm looking for a progression in writing/music. Zebra has spoiled me. - Do you know of any classic bands not hitting the mark today?(in your opinion ofcourse) I don't expect everyone to agree on this.

rushtrader
07-05-2002, 09:31 AM
I think you are asking the question backwards. The question is who is putting out anything good or innovative these days? Most is garbage.

Bad Company: Showing promise - the new tune sounded great. A new CD with PR will likely be something to look forward to.

John Paul Jones: Good progressive music. Given that Plant and Page, whether together or apart, have not put out anything good in ages, JPJ seems to be the Zep to watch

Rush: Following current trends and making them their own seems to be Rush's modus operandi. Their high point personally was Hemispheres, commercially was Signals/GUP. The low point was Hold Your Fire. If you liked the 1996 Test For Echo CD, the new Vapor Trails will be right up your alley. They are on tour right now to rave reviews - catch a 5 min video sample at rush.com

Yes: I really wish they would get their act together and come out with something new. The last thing I loved was in the 70s. They mixed it up a bit and did some innovative stuff in the 80s. But nothing lately has been wirth listening to on a continuous basis. The current tour with Rick Wakeman will be worth attending for the 70s songs, but with the talent of these guys, it is a shame that nothing much has happened lately.

Paul McCartney: Talk about hit and miss. The greatest composer of all put out an album lately that was mediocre at best, but that was following 2 really good ones. Granted that his Beatles and Wings songs can carry him for the rest of his life, he can still put out a good album every couple of years. Driving USA was a great tour for Beatles fans. The second leg will be around this autumn.

Ringo Starr: OK - Nothing great in.... well maybe forever. But John and Paul wrote him some good tunes for him and he is worth catching whenever he tours just for the musicians he brings with him.

Pink Floyd/Gilmour/Waters: 1970s through 1980s was an amazing writing period for both guys. Not only the Floyd stuff, but Rog's Pros and Cons and Dave's first 2 solo albums were both amazing. Everything after that was kind of flat. Waters' 2 releases were below average and Gilmour's Floyd sounded like 50 people trying to do what 4 used to be able to do.

Genesis and alumni: Genesis itself is hopeless without Peter, Steve or Phil. Phil sold out years ago. Steve's stuff is strange and Peter puts out an album every 10 years now. Up should be a good album if it ever gets released.

King Crimson: This carousel of talented musicians requiresa playbook just to keep up with the names, but the music keeps pushing the envelope and it is usually damned good! They seem to do a housecleaning roughly every decade, although the current lienup seems a bit more settled. I hope Tony Levin does some more work with them.

Did I mention that I like the new Rush disc? :)

Also, thanks to Randy I have heard some of the Zebra 4 stuff as well and I love what I hear!

RT

ZEBRAFREAK
07-05-2002, 10:57 AM
THE NEW DREAM THEATER IS GOOD...MOST BANDS COME OUT WITH GREAT STUFF THEN GO DOWNHILL...ZEBRA'S FIRST ALBUM WAS GREAT CAUSE ALL THEIR GREAT SONGS WERE ON IT!!! THEN "NO TELLIN' LIES" CAME OUT...THERE WERE GREAT SONGS ON IT, BUT SOME OF THEM WEREN'T PLAYED AS MUCH LIVE AND WE DIDN'T KNOW THEM...IT GREW ON ME, BUT JOHN Q. PUBLIC HADN'T HEARD THEM...THE NEW ROBERT PLANT WOULD GROW ON ME IF I GAVE IT A CHANCE, BUT THERE'S SO MUCH OTHER BETTER CD'S TO LISTEN TO!!! I LOVED ZEP AND WHEN PLANT CAME OUT WITH HIS FIRST ALBUM, I LOVED IT!!! THEN THE NEXT HAD HITS THEY PLAYED ON THE RADIO, BUT IT DIDN'T GET AS MUCH RECOGNITION AND SO ON AND SO FORTH...DREAM THEATER HAS GOTTEN ALOT MORE PROGRESSIVE AND LOST THERE HARD ROCK EDGE... WHEN I FIRST HEARD "IMAGES AND WORDS" I LOVED IT...THEY HAD ZEBRA AND HITTMAN IN THEIR CREDITS...I KNEW I WAS HOME...THEN I FOUND OUT THE BAND WAS FROM LONG ISLAND...I ALWAYS GAVE SUPPORT TO LONG ISLAND BANDS...I KNOW ALL THE SONGS ON THE UPCOMING ZEBRA CD SO IT HAS ALREADY GROWN ON ME...WHEN I FIRST HEARD "ARABIAN NIGHTS" I LIKED IT, BUT IT WASN'T UP TO PAR...NOW IT'S PLAYED A HUNDRED TIMES BETTER...IT WAS NEW TO THE BAND IN '97!!! THEY TIGHTENED UP THE SONG AND NOW IT KICKS ASS!!! I THINK THE PROBLEM WITH MOST OF THE MUSIC THAT IS COMING OUT ISN'T HARD ENOUGH OR IT'S GENERIC BULLSHIT(DIO)...RUSH STARTED GOING DOWNHILL AFTER THEIR 6TH ALBUM...I LOST MY TASTE FOR THEM AFTER THAT...THEY MELLOWED TOO MUCH!! OF COURSE THIS IS ONE MAN'S OPINION!!!

OU812
07-05-2002, 04:19 PM
I have your drug DREAM THEATER. Its rush on steroids

ZEBRAFREAK
07-05-2002, 10:26 PM
YEAH!! DREAM THEATER HAVE MELLOWED LATELY...BIG EMPHASIS ON KEYBOARDS, DUE TO HAVING A NEW KEYBOARDIST(3RD ONE SO FAR)!!!

JJD
07-06-2002, 12:26 PM
I'd say "Walking Into Clarksdale" was one the most dissappointing releases (although it's no longer new). What was great was the Plant/Page Tour to support that CD. Have not heard them sound that good live in many years. The only thing missing from that tour was John Paul Jones..

Other later dissappointments, Triumphs last two Studio Albums (Surveillance and Sport of Kings). Each had a couple of good songs but as an album didn't hold up to Thunder Seven, Just A Game, or Allied Forces.

Rik Emmett's got two new releases, have not heard them yet but will pick them up soon. Have NOT been dissappointed yet. Talk about variety.

Aerosmith - Anything past Draw The Line. Just can't get into them all that much since then.

OU812
07-06-2002, 01:02 PM
i think you can add the new rush cd to the list.

Bob
07-06-2002, 06:36 PM
I agree the new Rush CD isnt what i was waiting for.

rushtrader
07-06-2002, 07:05 PM
If the Rush CD is not what you were waiting for, what were you expecting? If you expecting another album like the ones they did in the 70s or 80s, don't hold your breath. You are not likely to ever hear anything like that again.

This CD (at least to me) is the natural extension of T4E. They have been moving away from the keyboard sounds that they used in the 80s (and as a result alienated a good percentage of fans) and have been moving back toward a guitar/bass/drum power trio sound, but without the art-rock (prog, symphonic, whatever you want to call it) sound that they had early on.

This is likely to be the direction for the next 2 or 3 discs, so I wouldn't hold your breath for another 20 minute opus.

RT

ZEBRAFREAK
07-06-2002, 07:15 PM
BEFORE THE NEW RUSH CD CAME OUT THERE WAS TALK OF IT BEING LIKE THE OLD RUSH...WRONG!!! IT'S AS YOU SAID AN EXTENSION!!!

DANNY OURSO
07-06-2002, 08:58 PM
QUEENSRYCHE!!!!!!!!!!!! DEGARMOS RETURN WOULD BE GREAT, DON'T KNOW IF IT WILL HAPPEN.

RUSH IS FINISHED AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, MY OPINION!!!

FLOYD, I REALLY THINK WE WILL SEE GILMORE AND WATERS REUNITE$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

AEROSMITH, GIVE IT UP GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! "PINK" "LOVE IN AN ELEVATER" PHEEW!!!!!!!!!

ZZ TOP, PHEEW


PLANT, PAGE, JPJ. WILL NEVER HAPPEN. I HOPE I'M WRONG!!!!!!!!
ONE THING ABOUT THESE GUYS THEY DO NOT AND WILL NOT "CAVE IN" TO TODAYS COMMERCIALISM AS SOME OF THE BANDS I MENTIONED!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HEAR ROTH HAS BEEN KICKING SOME BIG TIME ASS ON HIS TOUR WITH SAMMY, WILL CHECK 'EM OUT IN A COUPLE WEEKS!!!!

OF COURSE THIS IS STRICTLY MY OPINION, REALLY DISS. WITH RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yleekiyote
07-06-2002, 08:59 PM
Actually Zebrafreak, it is like the old, like the beginning, before keyboards were brought in because they were not selling any albums. It's just a raw sound, I like it very much. To each their own I say. If they want something that sounds like hemispheres or 2112......listen to those albums folks, progressive rock....(means it moves forward for those reading impaired). The main reason why keyboards were forced because of management. Rush just wanted to expirement, that's all. I'm sure the ones that hate this album must really love Signals. Even more than Hemispheres or 2112, because that one had way to much keyboards. Even Alex was saying that he had to look to put guitar parts in it. I love every single album Rush has put out. I'm not really a critic, I'm a listener. I read the lyrics, I feel the grove of the tune, I sympathize with the song. To me, they continue to change as my taste begins to change. It's like someone said onetime, "I got a friend that has a calendar of his wife". 12 months of the same woman......hmmm. Not unless she's a supermodel. Variety is the spice of life. Peace out homeeeez!

rushtrader
07-06-2002, 09:40 PM
Even more than Signals, keyboards were way up front in Hold Your Fire. This was Rush's absolute low point. I was ready to give up on them, but then they figured out that they had alienated a bunch of fans and started moving towards a more guitar-laden sound in Presto, which started to bring me back into mainstream fanbase.

They know that the fans love the progressive stuff, why do you think they played 2112 complete last tour and they are playing a medley of By-Tor and Cygnus X-1 for the encore this time. If you look at where rock has been as each album came out you will see the influences for each album. The mid 80s had crappy synthesized music (which is why we were all listening to Zebra instead of top 40) and Rush put out synthsized stuff. The 90s had grung(Pearl Jam, Soundgarden) and Rush started losing the synthesizer. Today's rock music is bands like Creed and Staind with a rough guitar sound and that's what Rush has incorporated into their style.

Figure out a way to push music back to half hour epics and I'll bet you will love the next Rush release, but until that happens, expect Rush to do what they have always done - take current trends and do their own take on them.

Now if only Jones Beach had been scheduled for the 14th instead of the 15th (and they're marching to Bastille Day).

RT

OU812
07-06-2002, 10:01 PM
I dont know ZF this last rush cd is not the same as the ones in the 1990s the songs dont grab you.How ever if this is the worst thay done you cant complain.

ryank
07-06-2002, 11:20 PM
I guess i will have to finally buy the rush CD. I mean i've heard both sides, and it's stillabout 50/50. .. i don't like creed and staind. I saw the staind guy play solo and i really didn't understand why the kids looked amazed. the guy couldn't hit chords right, was playing in slow mo, was singing so low i couldn't get into it. i really triedto understand, and i couldn't. i had an image of jackson running to the stage (with acoustic) and kicking staind over. whatever's on mtv, i guess. brainwashing. if you haven't rented josie and the *****cats yet, go ahead and check it out, it's about hidden messages in music. i got a kick out of it.

Bob
07-06-2002, 11:53 PM
Rushtrader,
I wasnt expecting another Moving Pictures Album or another 20 min story but if you are paying attention and i am sure Rush is this is not a popular album and it is not selling anywhere near what a new Rush album should! It opened at #6 and has been diving after that. I wonder if this album will even go gold. Well maybe after a year or so it will.I would have been happy with something close to test for echo and i dont see how this is a contiuation of that album.My biggest problem with the album is the sound of it not the material in it!! But I still love them! seen them every tour from about 1981.

DANNY OURSO
07-07-2002, 01:12 AM
SAME HERE, I WILL ALWAYS BE A HUGE RUSH FAN AND WILL BE FIRST IN LINE FOR TICKETS, IF I GET A CHANCE !!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE TRULY ROCK ICONS, NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!! AS JUST ABOUT EVERYONE KNOWS I'M A ZEPPELIN NUT, HOWEVER I THOUGHT THE PAGE /PLANT TOUR IN WHAT '94 ****ED, I DID NOT WANT TO SEE ANY FRICKEN ORCHESTRA, OR INDIANS BEATING ON BONGOS, BUT I WENT BACK THE NEXT NIGHT AND SAW EM AGAIN!!!!!! NOW THE LAST TOUR WAS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE, STRAIGHT FORWARD NO NONSENSE ZEPP. WELL LET ME REFRAISE THAT, ZEPP. TRIBUTE!!! BECAUSE THEY WILL NEVER LET THEMSELVES BE CALLED LED ZEPPELIN, LED ZEPPELIN IS NO MORE WITHOUT BONZO, THAT IS THE GREATEST TRIBUTE TO ANY ONE, ESPECIALLY IN TODAYS WORLD OF ROCK BANDS WITH SOUND ALIKE REPLACEMENTS, LOOK ALIKE REPLACEMENTS!!!!!!!!!!

ZEBRAFREAK
07-07-2002, 07:40 AM
I'M ALSO A BIG ZEP FREAK!!! I SAW THE INDIAN ORCHESTRA SHOW AND THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD, BUT I WENT LAST YEAR TO SEE RANDY SING ZEPPELIN WITH THE BUFFALO SYMPHONY AND IT BLEW ME AWAY!!! RANDY SOUNDED BETTER THAN EVER!!!

OU812
07-07-2002, 05:00 PM
ZF ask randy if you can video the show next time.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-07-2002, 05:08 PM
I DON'T HAVE TO ASK...HE WOULDN'T MIND...I VIDEO'D ALOT OF ACOUSTIC SHOWS AND THE SPEAKS RE-UNION...AFTER THAT MY VIDEO CAMERA BROKE!!!

Michael
07-07-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by DANNY OURSO
QUEENSRYCHE!!!!!!!!!!!! DEGARMOS RETURN WOULD BE GREAT, DON'T KNOW IF IT WILL HAPPEN.

RUSH IS FINISHED AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, MY OPINION!!!

FLOYD, I REALLY THINK WE WILL SEE GILMORE AND WATERS REUNITE$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

AEROSMITH, GIVE IT UP GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! "PINK" "LOVE IN AN ELEVATER" PHEEW!!!!!!!!!

ZZ TOP, PHEEW


PLANT, PAGE, JPJ. WILL NEVER HAPPEN. I HOPE I'M WRONG!!!!!!!!
ONE THING ABOUT THESE GUYS THEY DO NOT AND WILL NOT "CAVE IN" TO TODAYS COMMERCIALISM AS SOME OF THE BANDS I MENTIONED!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the reviews I've been reading including the recent Gorge show that Sammy Hagar has been blowing Diamond Dave off the stage nightly.
I HEAR ROTH HAS BEEN KICKING SOME BIG TIME ASS ON HIS TOUR WITH SAMMY, WILL CHECK 'EM OUT IN A COUPLE WEEKS!!!!

OF COURSE THIS IS STRICTLY MY OPINION, REALLY DISS. WITH RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DANNY OURSO
07-07-2002, 07:21 PM
HEY MICHEAL, I'M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS SHOW , I TALKED TO A FRIEND OF MIND TODAY THAT SAW THEM IN HOUSTON, HE SAID THAT BOTH WERE FANTASTIC, ANOTHER FRIEND, WHOM WE ALL KNOW AS P. D'ANTONI DID NOT MAKE THE SHOW, BUT SAID THE NEWSPAPER REVIEWS WERE HIGH ON DAVE!!! EITHER WAY ITS GOTTA BE A GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!!! GONNA CHECK OUT TATES SOLO SHOW AT THE HOUSE OF BLUES , HAVE YOU SEEN IT!!!!!!!!

ANYONE ELSE SEEN ANY OF THE MENTIONED SHOWS YET!!!!!!!!!

ZEBRAFREAK
07-07-2002, 08:29 PM
HEY I'M THE FIRST SENIOR MEMBER...
(IN MY BEST BUTTHEAD VOICE) HUH HUH!! HE SAID MEMBER...

OU812
07-08-2002, 03:09 PM
Danny for roth and sammy info check out DLR ARMY.COM

rushhakeem
07-08-2002, 05:09 PM
All I can say is Rush was totally awesome last night at Darien Lake, N.Y. They managed to play at least 1 song from 15 out of the 17 studio albums. Vapor Trails is phenominal!!!!!! Everyone should check out the show, it was amazing!

rushtrader
07-08-2002, 08:39 PM
Did they play Ceiling Unlimited or Ghost Rider? They have been alternating the two. Have you checked out the 6 min video clip from opening night on rush.com?

RT

Michael
07-09-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by DANNY OURSO
HEY MICHEAL, I'M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS SHOW , I TALKED TO A FRIEND OF MIND TODAY THAT SAW THEM IN HOUSTON, HE SAID THAT BOTH WERE FANTASTIC, ANOTHER FRIEND, WHOM WE ALL KNOW AS P. D'ANTONI DID NOT MAKE THE SHOW, BUT SAID THE NEWSPAPER REVIEWS WERE HIGH ON DAVE!!! EITHER WAY ITS GOTTA BE A GOOD ONE!!!!!!!!!!! GONNA CHECK OUT TATES SOLO SHOW AT THE HOUSE OF BLUES , HAVE YOU SEEN IT!!!!!!!!

ANYONE ELSE SEEN ANY OF THE MENTIONED SHOWS YET!!!!!!!!!

At the Gorge show DLR kept on saying "Hello Seattle" and "Thank you Seattle." Sammy came out and said that Seattle is 150 miles west of here. We are here at the Gorge in George, Washington. The Tate show in Seattle I heard was awesome. Rumor is that he will play again in Seattle before going on to record with Queensryche on their next album.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-09-2002, 01:19 AM
DAVID IS BURNT OUT!!! TOO MUCH HANGING OUT WITH EDDIE IN THE EARLY DAYS..."WHAT STATE ARE WE IN!?! :confused:

OU812
07-09-2002, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by ZEBRAFREAK
DAVID IS BURNT OUT!!! TOO MUCH HANGING OUT WITH EDDIE IN THE EARLY DAYS..."WHAT STATE ARE WE IN!?! :confused: ZF check this out

OU812
07-09-2002, 02:13 AM
looking old

ZEBRAFREAK
07-09-2002, 02:14 AM
THAT'S DAVE!!! ANY MORE ZEBRA PICS!!!

OU812
07-09-2002, 02:47 AM
ok

ZEBRAFREAK
07-09-2002, 02:47 AM
JOHNNY FIVE!!! NEED INPUT!!!

OU812
07-09-2002, 02:54 AM
zebra cd cover

ZEBRAFREAK
07-09-2002, 02:55 AM
WHERE'S THE CD AND WHAT'S ON IT!!!

OU812
07-09-2002, 03:00 AM
I got it from guy this is the back I made.

DANNY OURSO
07-09-2002, 03:04 AM
THANKS OU. AND MIKE, THAT ROTH PICTURE LOOKS ABOUT TYPICAL!!!!!!!!!!

OU812
07-09-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by DANNY OURSO
THANKS OU. AND MIKE, THAT ROTH PICTURE LOOKS ABOUT TYPICAL!!!!!!!!!! danny daves lite on the hair .

ZEBRAFREAK
07-09-2002, 01:37 PM
"YOU NEVER KNOW" THAT'S HYSTERICAL...LOL!!

ZEBRAFREAK
07-09-2002, 01:39 PM
WHO'S ON THE BACK OF THE CD COVER...IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE RANDY!!!

ryank
07-09-2002, 02:40 PM
yeah,, that's the first thing that caught my eye > "You never no" ------ >> You'll Never Know ...... ....slightly off topic, but I'm just wondering when randy took over the lead vocal position, and if felix was a little mad? Weren't they in a band "shephards pie" or "maelstrom", and felix was the lead vocalist/rhythm guitarist. I would like to see that conversation. "Hey felix, let me try to sing one."

3.v
07-09-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by rushtrader
I think you are asking the question backwards. The question is who is putting out anything good or innovative these days? Most is garbage.

Bad Company: Showing promise - the new tune sounded great. A new CD with PR will likely be something to look forward to.

John Paul Jones: Good progressive music. Given that Plant and Page, whether together or apart, have not put out anything good in ages, JPJ seems to be the Zep to watch

Rush: Following current trends and making them their own seems to be Rush's modus operandi. Their high point personally was Hemispheres, commercially was Signals/GUP. The low point was Hold Your Fire. If you liked the 1996 Test For Echo CD, the new Vapor Trails will be right up your alley. They are on tour right now to rave reviews - catch a 5 min video sample at rush.com

Yes: I really wish they would get their act together and come out with something new. The last thing I loved was in the 70s. They mixed it up a bit and did some innovative stuff in the 80s. But nothing lately has been wirth listening to on a continuous basis. The current tour with Rick Wakeman will be worth attending for the 70s songs, but with the talent of these guys, it is a shame that nothing much has happened lately.

Paul McCartney: Talk about hit and miss. The greatest composer of all put out an album lately that was mediocre at best, but that was following 2 really good ones. Granted that his Beatles and Wings songs can carry him for the rest of his life, he can still put out a good album every couple of years. Driving USA was a great tour for Beatles fans. The second leg will be around this autumn.

Ringo Starr: OK - Nothing great in.... well maybe forever. But John and Paul wrote him some good tunes for him and he is worth catching whenever he tours just for the musicians he brings with him.

Pink Floyd/Gilmour/Waters: 1970s through 1980s was an amazing writing period for both guys. Not only the Floyd stuff, but Rog's Pros and Cons and Dave's first 2 solo albums were both amazing. Everything after that was kind of flat. Waters' 2 releases were below average and Gilmour's Floyd sounded like 50 people trying to do what 4 used to be able to do.

Genesis and alumni: Genesis itself is hopeless without Peter, Steve or Phil. Phil sold out years ago. Steve's stuff is strange and Peter puts out an album every 10 years now. Up should be a good album if it ever gets released.

King Crimson: This carousel of talented musicians requiresa playbook just to keep up with the names, but the music keeps pushing the envelope and it is usually damned good! They seem to do a housecleaning roughly every decade, although the current lienup seems a bit more settled. I hope Tony Levin does some more work with them.

Did I mention that I like the new Rush disc? :)

Also, thanks to Randy I have heard some of the Zebra 4 stuff as well and I love what I hear!

RT


thoug radio k.a.o.s. was dismal musically amused to death is great.

3.v
07-09-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by ZEBRAFREAK
THE NEW DREAM THEATER IS GOOD...MOST BANDS COME OUT WITH GREAT STUFF THEN GO DOWNHILL...ZEBRA'S FIRST ALBUM WAS GREAT CAUSE ALL THEIR GREAT SONGS WERE ON IT!!! THEN "NO TELLIN' LIES" CAME OUT...THERE WERE GREAT SONGS ON IT, BUT SOME OF THEM WEREN'T PLAYED AS MUCH LIVE AND WE DIDN'T KNOW THEM...IT GREW ON ME, BUT JOHN Q. PUBLIC HADN'T HEARD THEM...THE NEW ROBERT PLANT WOULD GROW ON ME IF I GAVE IT A CHANCE, BUT THERE'S SO MUCH OTHER BETTER CD'S TO LISTEN TO!!! I LOVED ZEP AND WHEN PLANT CAME OUT WITH HIS FIRST ALBUM, I LOVED IT!!! THEN THE NEXT HAD HITS THEY PLAYED ON THE RADIO, BUT IT DIDN'T GET AS MUCH RECOGNITION AND SO ON AND SO FORTH...DREAM THEATER HAS GOTTEN ALOT MORE PROGRESSIVE AND LOST THERE HARD ROCK EDGE... WHEN I FIRST HEARD "IMAGES AND WORDS" I LOVED IT...THEY HAD ZEBRA AND HITTMAN IN THEIR CREDITS...I KNEW I WAS HOME...THEN I FOUND OUT THE BAND WAS FROM LONG ISLAND...I ALWAYS GAVE SUPPORT TO LONG ISLAND BANDS...I KNOW ALL THE SONGS ON THE UPCOMING ZEBRA CD SO IT HAS ALREADY GROWN ON ME...WHEN I FIRST HEARD "ARABIAN NIGHTS" I LIKED IT, BUT IT WASN'T UP TO PAR...NOW IT'S PLAYED A HUNDRED TIMES BETTER...IT WAS NEW TO THE BAND IN '97!!! THEY TIGHTENED UP THE SONG AND NOW IT KICKS ASS!!! I THINK THE PROBLEM WITH MOST OF THE MUSIC THAT IS COMING OUT ISN'T HARD ENOUGH OR IT'S GENERIC BULLSHIT(DIO)...RUSH STARTED GOING DOWNHILL AFTER THEIR 6TH ALBUM...I LOST MY TASTE FOR THEM AFTER THAT...THEY MELLOWED TOO MUCH!! OF COURSE THIS IS ONE MAN'S OPINION!!!


May no tellin lies is not randy's favorite album because at the time they were making it more heavey meatl because that's what was in.

3.v
07-09-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by OU812
zebra cd cover

randy kind of looks lie kevin cronin ther.e

3.v
07-09-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by ryank
yeah,, that's the first thing that caught my eye > "You never no" ------ >> You'll Never Know ...... ....slightly off topic, but I'm just wondering when randy took over the lead vocal position, and if felix was a little mad? Weren't they in a band "shephards pie" or "maelstrom", and felix was the lead vocalist/rhythm guitarist. I would like to see that conversation. "Hey felix, let me try to sing one."


i think that was sheperd's bush

ZEBRAFREAK
07-09-2002, 05:37 PM
READ THE BIO: SHEPARDS BUSH AND MAELSTROM!!!
RANDY ASKS"FELIX CAN I TRY TO SING ONE?"
FELIX: YOU CAN SING SOME BACKUP VOCALS,
BUT I DON'T THINK YOU'LL BE ABLE TO CARRY THE LEAD!!!

OU812
07-10-2002, 12:14 AM
you can only sing one.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-10-2002, 12:15 AM
HERE'S A GOOD ONE FOR YOU TO SING IT'S CALLED "I DON'T CARE"!!!

OU812
07-10-2002, 12:34 AM
Tell me what you want.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-10-2002, 12:40 AM
I WANT TO SELL ALBUMS SO MOVE OVER FELIX AND LET ME GIVE IT A WHIRL!!!
THE REST IS HISTORY!!!

OU812
07-10-2002, 12:48 AM
It took felix a long time before he would let people record.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-10-2002, 12:50 AM
NOW HE'S GOT HIS OWN SOLO CD!!!

OU812
07-10-2002, 12:35 PM
ZF i have not heard it yet whats your take on it.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-11-2002, 01:30 AM
YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT IT'S CALLED.................ROCK CANDY!!!

ZEBRAFREAK
07-11-2002, 01:31 AM
IT HAS A STUDIO VERSION OF ZEBRA DOING "ROCK CANDY"!!!

OU812
07-11-2002, 02:17 PM
Is rock candy about crack rocks or pop rocks.

yleekiyote
07-11-2002, 02:24 PM
I like Sammy's version better. It's always great to hear the original sometimes.

OU812
07-11-2002, 04:35 PM
is it MONTROSE

yleekiyote
07-11-2002, 04:53 PM
Actually, I downloaded one it just sounds like a studio jam, and he is laughing on some parts.

OU812
07-11-2002, 06:18 PM
THE LAST VILLAGE PEOPLE CD CALLED KILL THE BITCH.

Sue
07-11-2002, 09:55 PM
Yes OU812, the original Rock Candy was by Sammy Hagar/Motrose :p

s6xstrings
07-11-2002, 11:28 PM
Talking about the new Leppard CD "X" heard the whole thing...although it is more radio friendly...Leppard again didn't stay on the same path most people would want and try to make another Pyromainia or Hysteria. when you first here you might get the reaction like i did(what is this) that's the same reaction i got after hearing Hysteria.

If you are even the slightest fan give this one a few listen's and i'm sure you will not be dissapointed......this is there best in 10 years....

:)

ZEBRAFREAK
07-12-2002, 09:27 AM
THEY DROPPED THE BALL FOR RADIO AIRPLAY THAT THEY'RE NOT GONNA GET!!!

OU812
07-12-2002, 07:06 PM
DEF HAS A NEW CD OUT.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-12-2002, 10:04 PM
WHO'S DEF!!!

OU812
07-13-2002, 07:33 PM
ITS A COUNTRY BAND REMEMBER THE HIT LAST YEAR <<SLAP YO BITCH>>

ryank
07-13-2002, 08:35 PM
about the def leppard CD. maybe i was too quick to mention them. I was referring to a cd i heard a while back; don't even know which one, and it sounded just plain; kinda like they were trying to capture the old tunes, but not hitting the mark. I haven't heard enough of the new stuff, but i need to listen to "X" since you mentioned it.

ZEBRAFREAK
07-13-2002, 10:14 PM
I WENT TO SEE THEM A COUPLE YEARS BACK...
I WASN'T GONNA GO,BUT THE DAY OF THE SHOW I CALLED TICKETMASTER TO SEE WHO THEY WERE PLAYING WITH AND THEY SAID THEY HAD FRONT ROW CENTER!!! I WAS AMAZED!!! THE TICKETMASTER PERSON WAS SO EXCITED WHEN SHE SOLD THEM 'CAUSE SHE SAID IT WAS THE FIRST TIME SHE SOLD FRONT ROW CENTER!!! IT WAS DEAD CENTER...JOE ELLIOT CAME OVER SHOOK OUR HANDS AND MY BROTHER EVEN WAS HANDED A METAL DEF LEPPARD GUITAR PICK FROM VIVIAN CAMPBELL!!! IAN HUNTER EVEN CAME OUT AND SANG ALL THE YOUNG DUDES WITH JOE!!! IT WAS AN AWESOME CONCERT!!!

OU812
07-14-2002, 06:33 PM
ALL IN ALL STILL A GOOD BAND

ZEBRAFREAK
07-14-2002, 06:34 PM
NOTHINGS GONNA BEAT PYROMANIA!!!

OU812
07-14-2002, 06:36 PM
BEST ALBUM BY THEM

ZEBRAFREAK
07-14-2002, 06:39 PM
TRUE THAT!!!

OU812
07-16-2002, 12:32 AM
I WILL BUY THE CD THIS WEEK

OU812
07-16-2002, 12:33 AM
I WILL BUY THE CD THIS WEEK

Peter_Klim
11-07-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by ZEBRAFREAK
NOTHINGS GONNA BEAT PYROMANIA!!!


I still think High & Dry is their best.

chinarain62
11-07-2003, 11:43 AM
Queensryche's new one Tribe - Isn't that great....


Although Q2K was even worse:eek:

Aprillee
11-07-2003, 12:26 PM
Queensryche's Tribe is rather dumb

Geoff Tate's solo album is pretty cool, though

Bostons new album ****s the big green weenie

Rush is Ok (Vapor Trails) They were great live!!! saw them in Vegas

New Stryper songs are fruity... but Michael Sweet solo stuff is awesome!


And those dudes with the Red logo and Zebra stripes.... can't think of em... their new album is pretty rockin
;)

Delirious Nomad
11-07-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Peter_Klim



I still think High & Dry is their best.

Ditto THAT!

jennbo
11-07-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Aprillee

New Stryper songs are fruity... but Michael Sweet solo stuff is awesome!


ditto THAT! :)

malja316
11-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Since its November and the majority of the new releases I am interested have already come out for the year (with the exception of the SLAYER boxset 11/25) I would have to say the release that has been most disappointing of 2003 is the Queensryche 'Tribe' CD. When I heard that Chris Degarmo was back in QR and heard he was gonna play on this CD, I was expecting this album to be their best release since Promised Land. But to me, all I got was the SHAFT when I bought this CD. This CD is so lightweight it just flies out of my CD tray every time I place it in, which is quite rare these days. I must have listened to this CD at least 10 times since July and tried so hard to get into this...but I just can't. I only like 2 songs off this CD...Desert Dance and Open. To me, Queensryche's last 3 studio records have been horrendous and you would think with the response they get to their older material on their 2003 tour, they would make a HUGE comeback with Chris on board (at the time) and put out a GREAT CD, but to me, they failed miserably.

Catman13
11-07-2003, 10:44 PM
the new Iron Maiden is outstanding. They had a few down years but with the return of Bruce ****inson and Adrian Smith the band is back and the new release is even better than their last one...
They sounded as good live this tour as they did twenty years ago, much like another band we know of.
New Metallica was awful. I liked the Rush, though you really can't compare it to the old stuff. Queensryche wasn't bad. New Anthrax is pretty good as is the new Type o Negative.
I've heard good things about the latest Marillion as well.:p

jennbo
11-08-2003, 02:06 AM
did you say MARILLION??????!!!!!!!!

:eek:

*passes out cold*

drlego
11-08-2003, 11:48 AM
If you guys like good quality, original and progressive....also a bit derranged.
Check out my website;


http://www.pkmusic.com

I think I have 3 or 4 mp3's up there.

If you like it, ill send you my CD for free.

Just email me.

peter@getinspace.com


Peace.