PDA

View Full Version : new zebra cd , a long wait?

JUKEBOX HERO
08-03-2002, 02:31 PM
there are plenty of bands who have taken longer to put out a cd than zebra. case in point: the who has not put out a studio project in over 20 years!!! i dont hear their fans ridicule them as some of the fans(?) on this message board have ridiculed randy for taking so long. keep your shirts on, the cd will get here when randy is GOOD and READY!!!!!

captain2man
08-03-2002, 03:56 PM
Well......I think there's a little bit of a difference between the Who & Zebra.

The Who - up until VERY recently (but before Entwistle's death) had never spoken of doing a new Who record. There was no expectation of one.

Zebra, on the other hand, has been talking about a new record for several years now.

I think a diehard fan of a band will go along with what the band tells them. If Zebra had never mentioned any upcoming record, and then, one day - a new Zebra record comes out - there would be no complaints about how long it took to come out...the fan will just be happy with a new record.

But - when the fan has been hearing for 5 years about a new record, and none appears, then the fan is going to get frustrated & be disappointed......not to mention that record had better be EPIC, because of the high expectations. Of course, if the album is a complete masterpiece - no one will mind the wait. But - if it's a flop - that could spell the end of a career.

I think a better analogy would be the Guns 'n' Roses situation - where the band has been talking about a new record for a couple of years - but no real new studio project in about 10 years.

Also - the members of the Who have been much more active since their last studio record (which was It's Hard in 1982) than the members of Zebra.

Daltry has put out about 3 solo records since then, Townshend about 5 or 6, and Entwistle about 2.

The members of Zebra have put out a combined total of 3 "solo" projects......

I love Zebra - don't get me wrong.......but, in hindsight (and, as we all know - hindsight is always 20/20) - it may have been a much better move to never have announced a new record until the plans were truly final, and a release date was set.

ryank
08-03-2002, 04:18 PM
captain2man, i couldn't have said it better:) I'm glad i didn't have to type all that. Mentioning the release is like somebody coming home with hot food, and telling everyone that they can't eat it.

rushtrader
08-04-2002, 07:25 AM
5 years? I have video of Randy 10 years ago when he was doing the midi thing where he announces a song (Light Of My Love I believe) as being off the new album.

Ah well... patience is a virtue.

RT

OU812
08-04-2002, 06:56 PM
Well im just glad that i know it will be out february 2003.