PDA

View Full Version : New Zebra Cd News

OU812
07-18-2002, 03:28 PM
WELL just found out that the new Zebra cd that we have all been waiting for will not be out this year . Its because there is still a lot of things left to do . Im told it will be out >>>

ryank
07-18-2002, 03:35 PM
well blow me down. I have to say that I'm deflated. A little voice told me not to get excited. Where did you hear this from? This is insane. I'm sorry, i just have to vent. I got an e-mail from zebra's mailing list asking "what is your favorite non zebra (sign, china rain, rock candy) song? What do you thin this is for? Do you think they want to add a song to the CD. Why do I keep coming back here? Somebody put me out of my misery:)

OU812
07-18-2002, 04:22 PM
The wheels are turning at the Zebra camp its just Jackson is trying to land a good deal that would benefit the band. Randy is looking at some things right now and examining all the options that are available . Remember you dont want to sign the first thing that comes along just to put out a cd. The first go around that zebra had with atlantic thay learned alot about the business. ITs smart of randy to wait a bit and take the best deal for the band. Fact is when this cd comes out it will sell mostly in the new york and new orleans markets . the chance of a hit single to come out of this is a million to one mo mater how great the music may be. IT ****S to say this but Zebra falls in the same category as a lot of older 80s rock bands do posion ratt dokken maiden the list goes on. There is NO radio market for the kind of rock music that all these bands put out ,Its a shame but today its all about FADS whats hot . So the chance of a song becomming a hit from this cd is highly unlikely with no radio or video support. I think Randy knows this and thats why he is weighing his options. :mad: :confused:

ryank
07-18-2002, 04:38 PM
enjoyed reading your reply , really. So, back to my question. Where did you hear this from?:)

yleekiyote
07-18-2002, 06:09 PM
Let me add this, I said this all along, but, if Randy was smart, and did this himself, think of the profit. How much money is a label going to guarantee you? Depends on the market. The 2 New Cities would be their big draw. I say press this album yourself, let the bid wars begin on the next album. Once they see how well this album does, with old and new listeners, I'm sure he will get more offers for the next project. Possibly the accoustic CD. Why continue waiting for the perfect contract. He has even said this in his interview, that labels don't want you after you reach 25. Labels want the next Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Britney, they could care less about Zebra. They want to market a cute face, with tight abs. Not a guy who can shatter any vocals next to Robert Plant in the old days. Take your chances, your guaranteed a profit of how many fans you have. Add some extra tunes on there, and let it go. Begin working on the next CD. Then the labels will see exactly that Zebra still has what it takes to make it in this business. The more time you waste, the less you lived.

OU812
07-18-2002, 06:26 PM
yleekiyota i think randy is leaning to put it out them selves .

ryank
07-18-2002, 06:45 PM
It only seems logical to put it out now. I feel bad, because i've been telling people (who think zebra is washed up) about new zebra for a while, and they say "oh yeah, whatever". What's the advantage of a label at this point? Is it the distribution to all outlets, and the advertising? I'm just speaking from a frustrated fans point of view. We (fans) have covered it all: what's taking so long, no label, mixing, release dates gone by. Now, we (on the mailing list) got an e-mail saying that the cd is finished. The latest mail was asking which non zebra song we like the best (sign, rock candy, china rain). We need some relief soon; we've been loyal. I mean let's lay it on the line here. I don't appreciate being strung along like this, and Zebra isn't getting any younger. Find a way to get the dang thing out, and make your mark now Zebra! Dig out some more of those originals and release some Cd's. Do you think it will go unnoticed? I think the word will spread like wild fire. Time's up. Early 2003. Shit, that seems like a lifetime. Sorry folks, I really am pissed cuz i like Zebra so much.

Catman13
07-18-2002, 09:41 PM
Do you realize that the last time we heard "New" Zebra material was 1986? I'm talking about 'Brand New' songs that we didn't know from the live shows. I saw just about every show they played in 84-85-86 and knew a few songs when 3.V came out but at least a handful were fresh. Shelving these recordings so long may result in a stale outdated compilation and that would be a shame.

DANNY OURSO
07-19-2002, 05:04 AM
YOU THINK YOUR PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO PUT IT OUT ON THEIR OWN A COUPLE MONTHS AGO, I'M LOSING FAITH NOW, THIS IS STARTING TO BE A CROCK OF BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!! AND YOU ALL KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS BAND AND THIS ALBUM, I'M REALLY PISSED TO THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF PISSTIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET OFF YOUR ASS RANDY , GUY , FELIX, **** THE DUMB SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DANNY OURSO
07-19-2002, 05:07 AM
I REALLY HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING ON MY END BUT I WILL MAKE A COUPLE OF PHONE CALLS NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TALK TO US DON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ryank
07-19-2002, 09:53 AM
yes, danny. I was surprised that you're mad, but good to see you let if fly, wooo hooo. I share your feelings about Zebra, but I wish i had a list of release dates that came straght from the band. It will show that we've been fed a string of lies. There's NO way around it. I'm not mad that the CD isn't out. I'm mad because they said it would be - kinda like not being mad if no one visits, but if you say you're coming over, don't leave me hangin without a call. I agree with that previous post - the CD will have a "staleness" to it. I've heard more of this cd than 3.V.

Don Wishon
07-19-2002, 10:22 AM
Danny and others,

Yes, I too, sometimes feel a little frustrated and I did recently (this week) learn from Randy that he is now talking first quarter, 2003. I was/am attempting to put together two CD release parties in Texas. I have two clubs - one in Dallas and one in Houston - that are ready to make it happen. I have a classic rock station in D/FW (93.3 The Bone) that are fans of Zebra and would definitely help get behind a show and most likely play a song or two off the new CD.

I was hoping to bring Zebra back to Dallas (their last appearance was May, 2000...I know, I feel for you guys in CA and WA), before Randy's next annual solo acoustic gig here, but it is not fair to the band or their fans if Randy tells everyone from the stage that the new CD will be here in 2-3 months. It would be better for all if the new CD were for sale at the merchandise booth when Zebra returns to Dallas. Therefore, I am going to book Randy's next acoustic show here before the end of the year, contact my growing distribution list, invite a couple of special guest performers, and promote the heck out it (as always).

As many of you already know, I am working as the Manny Charlton Band's booking agent/ promotions manager - Manny being the lead guitarist, writer, producer from Nazareth. Our next gig is next Friday, July 26 at Dallas' Hard Rock Cafe. In other news, I got the go ahead to start locating/booking a couple of venues in Dallas and Houston (around September or October) for Damon Johnson from Brother Cane. Damon also performs an incredible acoustic show and I cannot recommend enough his release "Dust" that can be found at cdbaby.com.

Don

mark
07-19-2002, 12:02 PM
WHOA there OURSOOOOO! A reprimand from Spacety is surely due! OURSOOOO diden't even censor himself.

No offense to anyone, But I don't believe anything the band members or anybody on this website says about the new album's release date. That way if it ever does come out it would be a nice pleasant surprise. But if it doesn't then I'm not disapointed. Been through this too many times to take anyones word seriously on this sore subject!

OU812
07-19-2002, 01:01 PM
The responce to all of your replys is YES the albume was going to happen mid to late this year but some BENEFITING OPPORTUNIES have poped up and i think it will help out the band big time . look at the bright side of it at least the cd is done so i bet we will see it soon, no more 2 or 3 year wait.

chinarain62
07-19-2002, 01:10 PM
ryank:

Perhaps this news about the new CD not coming out until early 2003 is circulating because of a post I think I wrote somewhere.

Randy played at a private party I had last week and unfortunately this info. is very much correct. A president of a record company (can't remember which one he said) had called him to possibly talk about handling the whole promo etc., but Randy hadn't had a chance yet to call him back. Hell, I manage bands on the side - I'll promote it, market it - whatever it takes to get it out more sooner than later.

I share everyone's sentiments on its discouraging its taken so long to come out. My advice to those who don't have the opportunity to see Zebra live or Randy live hear the new stuff (which by the way KICKS ASS!) and record and/or video tape, download it from somewhere - it is out there.

Hey - 2003 will be here before ya know it - hang in there - we waited THIS long didn't we???????!!!!!!!!!

OU812
07-19-2002, 01:33 PM
Thats what i say chinarain its late july it will be here soon. it would be great to get it out before xmas.

JJD
07-19-2002, 02:00 PM
I am in the camp of "I'll believe it when it is in my cd player". I'm done listening to release dates only to have them come and go. If it comes out I will buy if. If it doesn't I'll just continue to listen to what I have. I will say one thing, that sooner or later people will start posting the new tunes because they want to share with other fans that are not fortunate enough to see Zebra/Randy live. And I don't think it's fare to hold those people back forever. I am all for paying the artist for their efforts but Music isn't music unless you can hear it. One way or another the songs will make there way out.

swataz
07-19-2002, 02:12 PM
And I ACTUALLY thought it was coming out this time. Sigh....

I would swallow it a lot easier if the interest in Zebra is from a fairly notable label.

nitehawk
07-19-2002, 02:17 PM
Regarding the new CD and the new release date:
I am also in the fan category of the "I'll believe it when I see it." At least we know that the CD is finished, and we'll hear it eventually. If anyone is going to their show at The Downtown (this coming August 3), I just HOPE AND PRAY that copies of the CD will be handed out before the show...but I doubt it.

swataz
07-19-2002, 02:18 PM
What, like as a pre-release whet-your-appetite, spread the word kind of thing? To get the buzz going?

They should put MP3 samples on thedoor.com.

In fact, if it's possible (bandwidth issues may be an obstacle) that is something Randy should seriously consider.

OU812
07-19-2002, 04:17 PM
WELL you never know there might be some samples.

swataz
07-19-2002, 06:15 PM
That would be nice..throw us a lil bone (snif)

OU812
07-19-2002, 09:56 PM
the bone wont becoming from me

Michael
07-20-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by OU812
The wheels are turning at the Zebra camp its just Jackson is trying to land a good deal that would benefit the band. Randy is looking at some things right now and examining all the options that are available . Remember you dont want to sign the first thing that comes along just to put out a cd. The first go around that zebra had with atlantic thay learned alot about the business. ITs smart of randy to wait a bit and take the best deal for the band. Fact is when this cd comes out it will sell mostly in the new york and new orleans markets . the chance of a hit single to come out of this is a million to one mo mater how great the music may be. IT ****S to say this but Zebra falls in the same category as a lot of older 80s rock bands do posion ratt dokken maiden the list goes on. There is NO radio market for the kind of rock music that all these bands put out ,Its a shame but today its all about FADS whats hot . So the chance of a song becomming a hit from this cd is highly unlikely with no radio or video support. I think Randy knows this and thats why he is weighing his options. :mad: :confused:

The biggest problem are the so-called program directors at the radio stations that decide along with the help of record companies of what crappy music to put out there.

OU812
07-20-2002, 12:05 PM
Its a ****ing shame but thats the way the music business is . Remember years ago all the bands like duran duran tears for fears were the music of choice . And then out of the ski came GNR SCORPIONS RATT VAN HALEN and so on . So the tables turned on the keyboard bands . its all about whats new and fresh .ITs a shame the the head bangers ball on mtv was cut that was the only way to see some of the older hard rock bands. Now MTV is prime time shows and CRAP i ment RAP and shit hop SORRY HIP HOP music .

Russ
07-20-2002, 10:37 PM
It is the same BS every year. This CD has been done for years, I can't figure it out. Randy could have been selling the CDs at his/Zebra's shows the last three years. Lets face it, I doesn't matter what kind of deal Randy signs, hardcore Zebra fans are the only people buying this CD. It is not 1983 anymore. Randy is either waiting for some record label to throw a ton of money at him, or he thinks the material for the new CD is not that good. I think I've heard all the material on the new CD at Zebra's shows and Randy's accoustic shows. I like the material, but there is no market for this stuff right now. Arabian Nights is a great song if it was the late 80's early 90's. Actually, I thought it was weak that a song from China Rain was going to be on the new CD. Give me a break, Randy's had 16 years to right some new material. Why didn't they put She's Waiting on the new CD. This is a great song that I think Zebra should have pushed.

sarcastic1
07-21-2002, 01:37 PM
saw randy last night. he said the cd is done and he is label shopping. he also thinks rather than be part of the holiday releases that would have a ton of advertising behind it, probably better to wait till early 2003 for it's release ! that's it. straight from the Zebra's mouth.

OU812
07-21-2002, 05:54 PM
SOUNDS LIKE THE WHITE LION SONG WAS MENT FOR ZEBRA ( WAIT ).............WAIT .....WAIT.... YOU GONNA HAVE TO WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR .......... WAIT............WAIT ..................

LessPaull
07-21-2002, 11:46 PM
hopefully ZEBRA WILL "Wait Til The Summers Gone" then release the new CD ???

GreggCo
07-22-2002, 12:15 AM
WOW OURSOOOO 10 minutes in penalty box for that salty language but seriously I'm pissed too. A lot of good points were made in this thread: mainly that radio unfortunately is not interested in hard rock anymore...

Sue
07-22-2002, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I'm bummed about it too :( But, we know it's finished - so we just need to have a little more patience. We have waited 16 years, we can wait another 16 weeks (or so). It would've been nice if the new CD was out by your birthday Gregg, if not yours, I was hoping mine.
It's true...The "hard rock" we grew up on seems to be a thing of the past. So, it's our job to contact the radio stations in our areas and get Zebra the exposure they deserve.

ryank
07-22-2002, 08:54 AM
It's no one's fault that hard rock is out. After the drop off , only the true ones stuck around. You just don't hear about 'em much. In a few years these kids of today may be whining that the music they love is not popular anymore. This may leave the door open for guitar bands, but think it will be slightly different. It will be melodic, progressive songs with great guitar work and vocals - (just hoping:) Enough of this whining, no talent rock! Music makers have found different avenues; i mean, it's totally different now. Bands/artists don't have to kiss ass to big labels to be successful anymore. ..but about this Zebra CD. I'm gonna give it to you straight. This is just my gut feeling, and I can't totally explain it. With this latest round of news, I've lost my enthusiasm for Zebra? I can't make it to as many shows these days, and to my disappointment, I've heard alot of the CD already. I wanted to be surprised. I just don't care what the reasons for the delay are now. Like i said before, I've heard "many" dates from the band, and I'm just burnt on believing it. Musicians release music all the time without all of this B.S. So now, the latest is March 31st. That's the end of the first quarter of next year. Do you realize how much music can be made and recorded by then?

yleekiyote
07-22-2002, 10:55 AM
The cold hard facts is that the labels are looking for the next Backstreet and Brittany, and could care less for an 80's band. Steve Lukather from Toto mentioned oneday, there won't be a need for labels. I see it as ordering pizza online. You'll be able to go to this mecca website, type in a few letters and viala. No labels, no mess. Then you can put what ever you want out there, and give your fans what they deserve. You can also put your material in MP3, and pay for each download. I know, you got the file swappers out there, but you can actually change the prefix so that the music doesn't show up on these servers, (ex, .mp3, .wav, .jpg). The majority of us Zebra fans are loyal, and would keep honest, and purchase everything we receive. I voiced my opinion on this topic before. Zebra is not getting any younger. We are not getting any younger. How much time is left for these guys? I know they are not like huge millionaires, they have day jobs too. But how long before you feel that you've given it your all, and you have nothing left?

OU812
07-22-2002, 01:32 PM
I see we have some upset members here. first of all its not been 16 years . Second randys idea to do a new cd came about 8 years ago. HOWCOME It takes 8 years to do a cd ? . It was never a rush project first of all Randy has been involved in a ton of stuff in the last 8 years that took him away from recording, It was never a full time thing . I know why some people are pissed off because some statments were made by the band going back as far as 2 years ago SAYING THAT THE CD WILL BE OUT NEXT SUMMER, I know we will see it in the stores january or February 03 thats 5 to 6 months out.

ryank
07-22-2002, 03:39 PM
ou812. first off, i think you're a cool guy, and i'm not being bitter when i ask "wanna bet?" just a friendly bet. I made this offer a while back, and nobody took me up on it, and then again about a 6 weeks ago. I'll bet you $50 that the CD won't be out by valentines day (feb. 14, 2003). That's a little less than 7 months from now. and yes, i am mad about the statements. Words are supposed to mean something? This is a bet that i'll be happy to lose. Any takers? I'll only bet one person:)

Bob
07-22-2002, 07:39 PM
I too am a little dissapointed about the album release. But you know what Im just glad these guys are still playing and putting out another record !! They could have packed it in a long time ago, but they are still out playing and rockin !! If Randy can get a better deal by waiting 6 months or a year or 2 years more power to him its his work and he deserves whatever he can get for it!! Just keep playing guys!!!!

OU812
07-23-2002, 01:46 PM
Good point at least we have all the original members in the band .Lets look at some bright points. 1 a new cd soon to come 2 the band still plays out live 3 in no way has there music droped off or there performance.4 thay still draw alot of people too the shows. It could be alot worse like Dave and eddie van halen . the whole rock world wants Dave back with Van Halen .It would be a gold mine if it would to happen. cd or no cd Im thankful.

ryank
07-23-2002, 02:18 PM
I'm not sure if everyone understands my intentions. I'm thankful, I'm proud, and I'm a fan. But, I just don't like this release date B.S. These are separate issues. I really have not seen anything like this anywhere. To this day, i can't comprehend telling fans about the release of the CD for so long. I'm not talking about the length of time between albums. If there was never an announcement, I'd be fine. It's plain and simple - Do what you say, or don't say it. This didn't happen once, but again and again, etc. I just don't see the good side of doing this? Now if you're confident about the release date, and want to back it up. My bet still stands. I'll bet one person $50 it won't be out for 2-14-03. .........Summary = I love zebra, but I don't like the way they are handling this release. 2 separate issues.

Sue
07-23-2002, 02:43 PM
Ryan....you meant to say 2-14-03, right?

mark
07-23-2002, 02:59 PM
I'll bet you .50 cents?

kipk
07-23-2002, 03:11 PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to say that I am just happy to hear that there will be a new cd - but more important, I hope that I get a chance to see the band again in the near (or not so near) future! I have not heard any of the new tunes or the band in a bunch of years and I have to agree that I am just happy that they haven't packed it in!

Kip

OU812
07-23-2002, 03:38 PM
. My bet still stands. I'll bet one person $50 it won't be out for 2-14-02. .........Summary = I love zebra, but I don't like the way they are handling this release. 2 separate issues.
LETS SEE IF I BET AT THIS POINT ITS MY $50. TO LOSE.. CONSIDERING THE TRACK RECORD FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS THE ODDS ARE IN YOUR FAVOR. GIVE ME TO MARCH 15 TH AND I WILL TAKE YOU UP ON THE BET.

ryank
07-23-2002, 03:47 PM
okay, since i'm really hoping this is the one; I'll take off 20 bucks and give you another month. I'll bet you $30 that it won't be out before march 15, 2003. Or any amount, just something to look forward to?:) .....I'll make a webpage, maybe with a countdown clock, and post it here.

OU812
07-23-2002, 04:52 PM
Its on $30.00 dollars it is. If i win this is waht i will look like.

ryank
07-23-2002, 05:32 PM
alrighty then. it's official. Check out the page. i put a countdown on it >>>>>> http://community-2.webtv.net/moe120/z/

OU812
07-23-2002, 06:08 PM
Do we have odds in Vegas yet.

Doc
07-24-2002, 07:09 PM
What I don't understand is that we never get a headsup from a band member on this website. The only thing we ever here is that somebody talked to Randy when he sang at his son's confirmation or something like that. Why not sit down and type a letter to a group of what seems to be very devoted fans. I know Randy is busy and has many things going, but hey, we all do. Is there no responsibility here to your fans. I know we have not made them rich men, but we have plunked our dollars down to see them and to buy their music when made available. When somebody does speak to Randy, why not ask him to pull himself away from his Amway dealings or put the plans down for the left handed oboe that he is designing and tell him to let his fans know whats going on.

OU813
07-24-2002, 10:06 PM
DOC YOUR A PISSA!

MaxHax
07-25-2002, 11:36 PM
I have been a BIG Zebra fan since its inception. I have visited thedoor.com several times a month to see about a new album.
This has been going on for at least 4 years.
Randy and crew, PUT THE F_CK UP OR SHUT THE F_CK UP!
Get with it. Release the damn album. Face the truth.
YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET RICH OFF OF IT! In this day and age, Zebra is not a viable marketing tool. Give us fans what we want instead of stringing us along. I am tired of it.
US fans are all you have left in the world. And you about to lose yet another by LYING to all of us for YEARS!

RELEASE THE F_CKING ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

OU812
07-25-2002, 11:53 PM
Max your right but if you can get someone to put up alot of money to fund this release. You will get a bigger impact.Hold on to your pants I know guy very well its coming very soon.

DANNY OURSO
07-26-2002, 03:10 PM
WELL I TOOK UP FOR THE BAND MADE STATEMENTS, SUCH AS MANY OF YOU ARE MAKING NOW ABOUT BEING GLAD THEY ARE STILL AROUND, MADE AN ASS OUT OF MYSELF BY LISTENING TO MEMBERS AND PEOPLE CLOSE TO THE BAND, HAVE E/MAILED AND ASKED FACE TO FACE EVERY MEMBER OF THE BAND TO PUT SOMETHING ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD, WITH NO RESPONSE, ALL I CAN SAY IS RANDY , GUY , FELIX, WE ARE YOUR FANS, AIN'T MANY NEW ONES OUT THERE, YOU BETTER START TREATING YOUR FANS WITH A LITTLE BIT OF RESPECT, WE MADE YOU GUYS, NEW ORLEANS , NEW YORK, HAS STUCK WITH YOU FOR A LONG TIME, WE ARE FED UP WITH THIS SHIT, PERIOD, JUST ****ING BREAK UP AND WE CAN MOVE ON, NO I REALLY DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN BUT KIND OF MAKES ME FEEL THAT WAY SOMETIMES!!!!!!

BUT NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

I STILL AM PISSED, YEAH I"LL BE AT THE HARD ROCK R.J. SHOW AND I'LL STILL BE PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!

OU812
07-26-2002, 05:52 PM
I sent your message to randy asking him to respond will see.

MaxHax
07-26-2002, 06:17 PM
OU812, This is the digital age! If they cant find anyone to put up the cash to release the album, release it on thedoor.com and charge $15 for everyone to download it. Simple.
NO MORE F_CKING EXCUSES. I am seriously doubting any new material exists except for the couple they play at their shows. And we have been hearing those for years.
Randy, GET OFF YOUR F_CKING ASS! You the leader of this band.
Get off your ass and get it done. Time has run out a year ago! Do the right thing and get the damn thing done.
Randy, your actions (or lack therof) in the past couple years PROVES that you dont give a FLYING F_CK about ANY Zebra fans! If you did, you would release the F_CKING album instead of trying to squeeze every penny out of it for yourself. Face it dude. You will be EXTREMELY LUCKY to sell 100 thousand copies. You time is UP! Your time has been up for almost 20 years!
As I said in my last post, We are all you have left in the world.
And your pissing on all of us!

RELEASE THE F_CKING ALBUM! PUT THE F_CK UP OR SHUT THE F_CK UP AND PACK IT IN. I WILL NOT GO SEE ZEBRA EVER AGAIN UNTIL THEY RELEASE NEW MATERIAL. AS GREAT AS ALL THE OLD STUFF IS, IT IS STARTING TO BECOME STALE, ESPECIALLY WITH THE WAY US FANS HAVE BEEN TREATED BY YOU GUYS. RELEASE THE F_CKING ALBUM! I SURE HOPE RANDY, GUY, OR FELIX SEES THIS AND GETS THE DAMN THING DONE, OR THEY WILL HAVE 1 LESS FAN IN A BASE THAT IS DWINDLING BY THE DAY!

ryank
07-26-2002, 08:10 PM
The new cd is becoming stale. i'm hearing more and more of it here and there. this is a classic rock release now. no one can blame a fan for being mad. Just let us vent. if randy would just come out and say "i want to make sure i get the right deal/$" i'd be okay; but nothing. well, not nothing = years of release dates with no explanation. i really don't see how they get away with it. i too, don't care to go to a zebra show until i have the cd. i think zebra owes an online chat or something, because at shows, he'll just give you another date?

Sgt. Pepper
07-27-2002, 12:00 PM
Yep,
I'm done.
I'll go see a Randy solo show, but that is it.
Old stuff has become stale. An hour and half of the old, two new songs (if lucky) and couple of covers, which happens to be fresh. Starting at midnight!!! I've had it.
On top of that, I'll buy the new CD on this website directly. I'm not about to set foot in one of those rapper haven CD stores.
Don't make me type the N word.

OU812
07-27-2002, 01:36 PM
Ok when zebra plays at the HOUSE OF BLUES we all need chant NEW CD NEW CD NEW CD.

Studiovod
07-27-2002, 07:26 PM
I personally know of a lot of Bands who are having trouble finding good Record Labels to work with.
Most of these guys are Heavy Metal...but it is the same situation throughout all our Favorite types of Music.

Here are two small examples:

VOIVOD ...Currently Recording in N. California with Jason Newstead (ex. Metallica) on Studio Bass.
It is Rumoured that theyre next Album will be on Jason Newstead's own CHOPHOUSE Label.
Obviously a small Label with limited $$$.
VOIVOD will ultimately rely on "Word-of-Mouth" and INTERNET DISTRIBUTION to Sell CD's.

HOLOCAUST (Great Metal Band from Boston/U.K.)...Currently soon to have a new CD out on....you guessed it....a SMALL Label.
Holocaust will ultimately rely on "Word-of-Mouth" and INTERNET DISTRIBUTION to Sell CD's.

Both Holocaust and Voivod have been around a long time.
There are others that i could mention as well.

My point is this.

Unfortunately, ZEBRA never became a Stadium-filling Band like Rush, Styx, Boston, REO, VH, etc.
These are Bands that gained a lot of "Clout" with the Industry.
NOW look at even THESE Bands.
The new Rush CD is not selling that great anymore.
Styx is all apart and (in my Opinion) is no longer Styx.
Boston vanished on one of them Album Cover Spaceships.
Van Halen is a wreck.

All these Bands are loosing-ground and will soon be playing in small Clubs.

This leaves ZEBRA with some tough Decisions and some Cold, Hard Facts to face. In an Industry that is currently in such Turmoil and Disrepair...ZEBRA would be hard-pressed to find such a great Deal. (I hope i am Wrong, of course.)
It would be Benneficial for ZEBRA to turn attention to INTERNET DISTRIBUTION and MARKETING.

The Website is already HERE.
Many...Bands i know are using the Internet instead of trying to convince the BIG Labels of what GOOD Music is.

ryank
07-27-2002, 07:56 PM
My vote is for internet distribution. amen. those were good examples of small label bands. it can be done. i can understand waiting if you're an up and coming group, but now, the time factor is important (if Zebra cares about fans). Well, the age thing too. I know they're losing ground with me. Can't make that many live shows. don't get me started.

LessPaull
07-28-2002, 11:57 AM
Give me 500 copies of the new cd & I'll sell em' out of my trunk,
& I'll be back for more !!

OU812
07-28-2002, 01:07 PM
If you sell 500'000 Ill give you a gold one.

JUKEBOX HERO
07-28-2002, 02:07 PM
what a bunch of whiny pissy people you are!!! when zebra is ready to release the cd, then they will release it!. none of your bitchin and moanin is gonna get it here any faster so grow up, listen your cds and go to the shows. at least the original members of zebra are still together and still playing. thats more than most bands are doin!!!!

Studiovod
07-28-2002, 04:47 PM
I believe the Folks here have VERY valid Points and Complaints.

You have to understand something.
MUSIC is like a Drug for the Soul.
We all need it. We all WANT it.

There are many different Genre's of these "Drug Types."

ZEBRA's Music is a particular TYPE of Drug for the Soul that the USERS (Fans, Listeners) crave. When ZEBRA put-out Music of the Past...It Served its Time and Place. Now Becoming Old, and Stale....every Nuance having been listened to by everybody here.
Although we do LOVE every bit of ZEBRA...Stale or not...We Crave a NEW ane FRESH BATCH. (At lease some of us do anyways.)

So. It is certainly very understandable by me that when the Dealer, (ZEBRA, Randy Jackson), keeps saying that the New BATCH of ZEBRA-Drug will be out soon....and it is a prolonged Ordeal....the USERS (Fans, Listeners) are gonna get a little..."Bitchy!"

It is that way in a LOT of Band Forums that i am a part of.
(Well...5 anyways).

We all crave our different types of Newer "Drugs," or...Music, from whatever Bands we are into. We all crave a little more.

:cool:

Yes, folks. I am a little NUTZ sometimes. :rolleyes:
Its good, free entertainment though!

OU812
07-28-2002, 05:38 PM
HMMMMMMM I wonder if i get stoped by the cops and thay find my zebra drugs in my car will i go to jail .lol

ryank
07-28-2002, 05:52 PM
Don't like repeating mself, a whole lot, but here's a summary about my thoughts of Zebra. Being thankful isn't the issue, because I am. Influence on me = A+, instrumentation = A+, vocals = A+, sound = A+, handling of the release of this CD = F.

Studiovod
07-28-2002, 06:25 PM
OU812 is on DRUGGS folks! You ALL are! :p

ryank...Your not a "Disgruntled Employee" are you?
hehehe!
Just dont go NUTZO on us here! :cool:

OU812
07-28-2002, 09:08 PM
I have 6 DRUGS IN MY LIFE kids / wife / house / zebra / van halen with dave / tequiza beer by anheuser beer inc. Studiovod whats yours.

Studiovod
07-28-2002, 09:35 PM
Beer, Weed, Beer, Voivod, Weed, Beer, Weed, More Voivod, Weed and Beer.

German Beer, not the American Beer-Flavoured Water.

:p

OU812
07-29-2002, 06:08 PM
Studiovod DID you go see the dave and sam show last week.