PDA

View Full Version : Randy Acoustic Shows On L.I.

LessPaull
07-16-2002, 10:49 PM
Randy has been blowing away the crowds at local venues !!
Playing some new stuff off the "Up & Coming" New ZEBRA album
(can I say that ??...or CD)..."Arabian Nights" on Acoustic Guitar
most probably a bitch to play on acoustic, but Randy KILLS as he melts the strings & tremendous vocals through-out the night !!
Thanks Randy....Much Success Comin' to ZEBRA of the new millenium !! .....Rock n Roll !!!!!

OU812
07-16-2002, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the report good to see a new member up on the board

LessPaull
07-16-2002, 11:11 PM
Thanx Rock n Roll...Die Hard Fan since '79....always showed my support & will Promote the Boys every which way...ZEBRA changed my life very early on !!!

OU812
07-17-2002, 12:00 AM
Thanks go to New Zebra Song Thread in the zebra chat section page two and add to the story

LessPaull
07-26-2002, 04:20 AM
I need my "Acoustic Randy"...I'll most definatley be at The Union Square in Smithtown, N.Y....Hope To meet some of you guys/gals there !! ...Acoustic "Arabian Nights"...WHOA !! Very Appetizing for the Eyes & Ears !!!..KK's Hiding is so sweet, solo !!!
Randy if your reading this..."Blowin' Free" ,Wishbone Ash for Old Times Sake !!!! Rock n Roll !!!!!

Sue
07-27-2002, 12:25 AM
LessPaull,

I hope you checked the board again for directions before you went to the Union Square show...It's in Kings Park, not Smithtown, though you do have to pass the Smithtown Bull on the way :D . Personally, I don't like the Union Square shows. The place is hard to find, it's way too small, Randy plays crammed in a corner and the crowd is mostly that bars "regulars". Hope you had a better experience...

LessPaull
07-28-2002, 11:43 AM
Randy can play in a walk-in refrigerator next to the beer & vegetables & I'd have a wild time !!Smithtown/Kings Park...Same thing(LOL), I can't make it to Louisianna soon(BUT I Will!) ...
That night I have to be at Westbury Music Fair for the Hollies & Lovin' Spoonful then off to see Randy !

ryank
07-28-2002, 12:48 PM
wow, the lovin spoonful is still playin?! I used to try to convince band members to do some rocked up versions of those songs, and i never got my way.

OU812
07-28-2002, 01:17 PM
ryank next time pull out a gun LOL they will play what ever you want trust me.

LessPaull
08-06-2002, 05:01 AM
Well as I said & Done... Friday night Aug 2nd..Lovin' Spoonful & The Hollies at Westbury, then Randy ......Not Expecting much from Lovin' Spoonful, who absolutley Kicked some good ass !! No...John Sabastian wasn't there but they were fantastic !! & expecting a good show by the Hollies ...I was disappointed...to say the least...BORING... Raced over to see "Acoustic Randy" & Man , when I tell You...He Amazed Everyone In The Place !! He had some problems with the 12 string & a Good Samaritan lent him his....And Randy Just Blew Everyone away with a guitar that wasn't his own on the 2nd set and opened with.."Since I Been Lovin' You (Led Zep)..Holy Shit !!! It Was Unreal !!, then The Moody Blues, Good Bye Yellow Brick Road (Elton John), Classic Beatles..Norwiegan Wood,A Day In Life & ZEBRA material like he was playin' at the Garden !!! ....People...We Must Make This Larger Than Life !!! You Just Can't See This Shit Anywhere Else & Not Pay A Fortune for Incredible Talent...All I Can Say is "I Told You So !!"